Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is a photo of me 10 years ago Dark skin + Pimples. I used a product called nouvelles visages to lighten my skin. At that time we didn't really know anything about HQ. Until now the product doesnt list the ingredients. It didnt take me long to lighten my skin. It took about 4-5mths and i was really white. I was really happy actually despite the color of my face doesnt match my body

Ill try and find the picture tomorrow to show how fair I was after 5 mths. Anyway, i used it for a couple of years until i notice my skin was thinning. I could see capillaries. So i stopped. So my skin color changed back to normal, not as dark but not as fair as it used to be.

I think what ever the ingredient was, had to be strong as the acne scars are gone and during peeling it was sooooo awful. It was burning me ..i had to put my face infront of the aircon to cool my face. Never again.

Now, I just maintain my face using a product called dermatics it has kojic acid in it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
lyd your skin looks great. You can add hq to your regimine if you want to lighten again it wont thin your skin like the product you used previously. It sounds like it may have had a steroid.

Your skin looks very very pretty

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lyd your skin looks great. You can add hq to your regimine if you want to lighten again it wont thin your skin like the product you used previously. It sounds like it may have had a steroid.

Your skin looks very very pretty
no wonder no ingredient list. The skincare was from Malaysia. I wanted to use HQ but my beautician said no, cos i'm still breastfeeding my 1 yr old. Any other suggestions for lightening?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
no wonder no ingredient list. The skincare was from Malaysia. I wanted to use HQ but my beautician said no, cos i'm still breastfeeding my 1 yr old. Any other suggestions for lightening?
have you ever heard of dermaline? most of it seems to ship from the phillipenes and its made by Stadler. i know it doesnt have HQ and im thinking the active is arbutin...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Lyd284 welcome to the forum & thanks for so generously posting yr photos. Your skin is quite lovely & looking ver smooth. Please never again use a product that is dodgy & doesn't list ingredients & the concentration of the active ingredients. Some contain toxins like mercury & high dose steroids. Sure, they may whiten initially, then they work their eay into yr organs. Not good!

Before using anything whether natural or not, I'd suggest waiting until the breast feeding period is over. Some of the newer 'naturally derived' lightening agents haven't been tested rigourously enough on pregnant/nursing women so the possible effects aren't known.

Right now, I'm experimenting with home made compounds & I'm having fun. I've lightened a lot since Jan. When I began, I was dark red/brown like Jermaine Jackson. Trying out new routines & products had slowed my progress, but I'm not in any hurry: I am seeing it also as an opportunity to learn. Please stick around & post regularly. If you recall the name of that initial cream you used, please post it. Perhaps we can dig up an ingredients list.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lyd284 welcome to the forum & thanks for so generously posting yr photos. Your skin is quite lovely & looking ver smooth. Please never again use a product that is dodgy & doesn't list ingredients & the concentration of the active ingredients. Some contain toxins like mercury & high dose steroids. Sure, they may whiten initially, then they work their eay into yr organs. Not good!

Before using anything whether natural or not, I'd suggest waiting until the breast feeding period is over. Some of the newer 'naturally derived' lightening agents haven't been tested rigourously enough on pregnant/nursing women so the possible effects aren't known.

Right now, I'm experimenting with home made compounds & I'm having fun. I've lightened a lot since Jan. When I began, I was dark red/brown like Jermaine Jackson. Trying out new routines & products had slowed my progress, but I'm not in any hurry: I am seeing it also as an opportunity to learn. Please stick around & post regularly. If you recall the name of that initial cream you used, please post it. Perhaps we can dig up an ingredients list.
You're right, I should wait until i finish breastfeeding. No more dodgy products for me. Good luck on your experiment. Im not brave enough to experiment especially with visible broken capillaries. Sigh! I really dont know what to do with it since where im staying doesnt have laser treatment.

Anyway the product is called nouvelles visages. They are still selling it here & they have their own website. The only metion of ingredient is

"Nouvelles Visages products formulations are totally from the natural ingredients such as ginseng and herbs, fruits extract and rose flowers essences. This is because to ensure that this product is specially produce and suitable for the Asian Women usage.

Our skin care products are specially formulated from fruits extract which contains of Vitamin C, Vitamin D and AHA. Rose flowers essence also included as one of our natural fragrances and it has it's own function to our skin."

I wonder if this ingredients are strong enough to peel my face like it did. LOL!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Lyd28 your skin looks great!. Is dermatics safe if you are planning to get pregnant? I am currently using DIY vitamin C and HQ. I am loving this combination! I am thinking of putting a hold on the HQ since i am planning to be a mom.

I wish I know skin products that are safe while trying or being pregnant and also breast feeding. All I know is one should avoid vitam A products when pregnant.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for the info re the 'nouvelles visages'. I'm going to see what I can find out. Often times, broken capillaries point to a deficiency in either Vitamin K and/or magnesium. This also can make the fine capillaries beneath the thin lower eyelid skin seep small amts of blood that create dark circles. Do a dietary overhaul & make sure you are getting enough of these in yr diet.

Most skin lightening agents are either not safe for pregnant/nursing/trying to become pregnant mothers whereas, scarier still, many have not been adequately tested for safety for this same demographic. Since pregnancy is a few months' deal, you can always begin later. If you choose to nurse, then wait until you are through nursing. If you have a baby or a toddler that is often in close contact with yr skin, make sure the creams have had a good 2-3 hrs to fully absorb or they may transfer to the baby.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hi,

This is a photo of me 10 years ago Dark skin + Pimples. I used a product called nouvelles visages to lighten my skin. At that time we didn't really know anything about HQ. Until now the product doesnt list the ingredients. It didnt take me long to lighten my skin. It took about 4-5mths and i was really white. I was really happy actually despite the color of my face doesnt match my body

Ill try and find the picture tomorrow to show how fair I was after 5 mths. Anyway, i used it for a couple of years until i notice my skin was thinning. I could see capillaries. So i stopped. So my skin color changed back to normal, not as dark but not as fair as it used to be.

I think what ever the ingredient was, had to be strong as the acne scars are gone and during peeling it was sooooo awful. It was burning me ..i had to put my face infront of the aircon to cool my face. Never again.

Now, I just maintain my face using a product called dermatics it has kojic acid in it.
HI Lydia... Did you lips lighten any in your regimine? It looks like they did but it may have just been your choice in lipstick.. I am looking for something to help mine a bit.. im wondering if Kojic may be my answer ...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HI Lydia... Did you lips lighten any in your regimine? It looks like they did but it may have just been your choice in lipstick.. I am looking for something to help mine a bit.. im wondering if Kojic may be my answer ...
It was my lipstick but my lips was abit darker then now. I have been using " 1 Minute youthful pink -Pink magic" from Korea. It makes your lips naturally pink & soft. It's instant but prolong use suppose to make it pink/red without using it. I have use two two tubes, so far my lips are red not pink

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lyd28 your skin looks great!. Is dermatics safe if you are planning to get pregnant? I am currently using DIY vitamin C and HQ. I am loving this combination! I am thinking of putting a hold on the HQ since i am planning to be a mom.

I wish I know skin products that are safe while trying or being pregnant and also breast feeding. All I know is one should avoid vitam A products when pregnant.
Thank you. Well, I was using dermatics with HQ but stopped when I found out I was pregnant. My beautician forbid me to use it. I still cant . Im using dermatics C5+E serum, Revita plus Brightener & nightlight essence.

You'll look beautiful without the HQ, you'll have the Pregnancy Glow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info re the 'nouvelles visages'. I'm going to see what I can find out. Often times, broken capillaries point to a deficiency in either Vitamin K and/or magnesium. This also can make the fine capillaries beneath the thin lower eyelid skin seep small amts of blood that create dark circles. Do a dietary overhaul & make sure you are getting enough of these in yr diet.

Most skin lightening agents are either not safe for pregnant/nursing/trying to become pregnant mothers whereas, scarier still, many have not been adequately tested for safety for this same demographic. Since pregnancy is a few months' deal, you can always begin later. If you choose to nurse, then wait until you are through nursing. If you have a baby or a toddler that is often in close contact with yr skin, make sure the creams have had a good 2-3 hrs to fully absorb or they may transfer to the baby.
Gosh! Never knew about that. Im anemic, so im forever with dark circles. It lessens when I take Iron. Will do as ur advice,Ondine. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
It was my lipstick but my lips was abit darker then now. I have been using " 1 Minute youthful pink -Pink magic" from Korea. It makes your lips naturally pink & soft. It's instant but prolong use suppose to make it pink/red without using it. I have use two two tubes, so far my lips are red not pink
OMG Lyd, im just seein this one..oops. Since time has passe any upadate on lips? i am desperate for help.. i tried buying the bioglo and all it did was stan my lips red.. lol like some koolaid or sumn

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
eBay.com.sg: Korea Magic Cream 1 min to Youthful Pink Lips Nipples (item 270462868654 end time Sep 30, 2009 12:12:52 SGT) is this the one? I cant do the nipple pink lol but if it works for lips ill get one*

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
There's nothing in these 3 creams that could produce the results they claim to. Then, too, how could the effect last only 6 months with continued use? What happens at month 7? Sounds fishy to me.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
There's nothing in these 3 creams that could produce the results they claim to. Then, too, how could the effect last only 6 months with continued use? What happens at month 7? Sounds fishy to me.
lol.. @ month 7
The one i have now just stains my lips. im gonna try to put retin A .25 on it @ night to see if i notice any differences.. im sure my lips make me look darker overall... I can tell because when i put on a lipstick that blocks out my natural lip color..... my complexion looks much better instantly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi,
Sorry for the late reply. No, that's not the cream. The cream im using has only two tube.

The brand i use is 'PINK MAGIC' TM

Is formulated using pure natural flower extract combining with advance gene related technology. It turns treated skin into youthful rosy pink within 1 minute after application. It is 100% natural & safe to use.

Effectively removes dark pigmentation of lip, skin, nipple, external pubic area and treats skin discolouration due to smoking, breast feeding, ageing, sun exposure.

Tube 1:-

Ingredient - Rose absolute extract, cera alba, glycerol, lanoline, squalene, vitamin E, de-ionized water

Tube 2 - shinning gel

Ingredient:- jojoba, squalene & pure natural plant oil.

Isis Comestics Laboratories

1 - 20 of 21 Posts