Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you favorites?

I don't know what it is with this cosmetic counter, but I ALWAYS have to stop and buy a thing or two. My collection is starting to grow. My latest purchase was their Coralista cheek powder, to add to my Hoola, Thrrrob and Dallas. I also picked up their Miss Popularity.

I would like to try their Flawless powder. Has anyone ever tried this and was it a like or a dislike?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
What are you favorites?
I do use their Lemon-Aid as an eye brightener, and have the Dallas blush too - and use both regularly. I have not tried their other products.

For powder, I have been using Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil for awhile now, and really like it and so have not ventured into other powders.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do use their Lemon-Aid as an eye brightener, and have the Dallas blush too - and use both regularly. I have not tried their other products.

For powder, I have been using Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil for awhile now, and really like it and so have not ventured into other powders.
Lemon-Aid is a fav of mine too. I like the Dallas blush too. What I did today was Coralista on the apples of my cheeks, then the Dallas on my cheekbones. The Coralista is a nice summer color.

I haven't been wearing face powder much just my foundation, but I had the SA put the Flawless on me while I shopped around, I should of ran back and purchased it- oh well, next time.

It is a fun little counter-I love their packaging.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I have only used their drfeelgood balm but it's crap
I have stopped buying any of their products now.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I like Benetint. I have had the same bottle for 3 years. It's a repurchase b/c the first one broke while traveling. My complaint about it I guess. I don't travel with it anymore. I tried the mascara, the big brush one can't remember the name. I didn't think it was worth the money. Mark sells a Make it Big that I thought was almost identical for 1/4 of the price. I do like the packaging also.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes I have tried their mascara's too, I don't like them at all! I wear Lancome mascara and primer.

So no one has tried the Flawless, huh? Well, it has great reviews, so I think I might pop in and get that today-
will let you all know if I like or dislike it

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay Gymrat - did you go shopping today and what did you get?
Yes, I did!! I got the Flawless, I also got a lipstick (jing a ling), and 2 shadows. One recess and the other is birthday suit.

I don't know if you have ever used their shadows, but they are a creaseless creamy kind. Both the colors I got, I would say are more neutral colors.

Will report back in on how it all works out-
I don't wear makeup everyday, so it might take me until the weekend to try my new stuff out!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Yes, I did!! I got the Flawless, I also got a lipstick (jing a ling), and 2 shadows. One recess and the other is birthday suit.

I don't know if you have ever used their shadows, but they are a creaseless creamy kind. Both the colors I got, I would say are more neutral colors.

Will report back in on how it all works out-
I don't wear makeup everyday, so it might take me until the weekend to try my new stuff out!
Wonderful! I checked out the website and just love those colors. I see that they all belong to the light neutral palette - so you are well-coordinated. Have fun with all your new toys!

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok update on the Flawless, they gave me beige, WAY too dark for my likings. GRR!!!! I hate when this happens. I tried it today, and just way too dark. Then as I was putting it back in the box to return, I dropped it and it broke-
not my day I tell ya!!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Ok update on the Flawless, they gave me beige, WAY too dark for my likings. GRR!!!! I hate when this happens. I tried it today, and just way too dark. Then as I was putting it back in the box to return, I dropped it and it broke-
not my day I tell ya!!
Awwwww! Sorry gymrat! I think that you should try to return it anyway. It was just an accident and it sounds like you give them alot of business.

Talk about a horrible day. I found that I did not back up a copy of a document that I was working on and lost it and three days of work. I am sitting here eating Panda licorice to console myself and listening to some southern tunes. The best way to get over it for me is to pretend that it didn't happen so that I can get on with redoing it from scratch.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awwwww! Sorry gymrat! I think that you should try to return it anyway. It was just an accident and it sounds like you give them alot of business.

Talk about a horrible day. I found that I did not back up a copy of a document that I was working on and lost it and three days of work. I am sitting here eating Panda licorice to console myself and listening to some southern tunes. The best way to get over it for me is to pretend that it didn't happen so that I can get on with redoing it from scratch.
Oh the joys of computers!! I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me. I am good at doing a back up copy but there are times when it doesn't work right. That is when I keep hitting the refresh button, and no such luck!! I would do the same eat licorice and take deep breaths-reminding myself that is was only my TIME!!!! Lol

Were you using Word by chance? If so, try going to the start menu and there is a resent document button, see if maybe it is in there. Just a thought for you-

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Were you using Word by chance? If so, try going to the start menu and there is a resent document button, see if maybe it is in there. Just a thought for you-
Too bad but this won't work in my case. I think what happened is that I saved my new document under the name of another old document. So of course that older document was written over and cannot be recovered now. I think this happened several days ago but didn't realize it until today when I went looking for the older document. But I appreciate the suggestion.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bummer, I am sorry, Mireckca!! I think I will console with you and eat this box of hot tamales-

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok took back the Flawless beige powder, they gave me Champange, it is too light. Not having much luck here with this stuff. Maybe it is a sign-

Also got Dr. Feel good, which is a primer. Not sold on it yet either. I am a sucker and just need to go in and get what I need and not let them convience me on anything else. Hard to do sometimes-

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Ok took back the Flawless beige powder, they gave me Champange, it is too light. Not having much luck here with this stuff. Maybe it is a sign-
Gymrat - that is crazy. I checked the Sephora site and see that there are two color choices between the Champagne and the Beige. You would think that they would have given you something closer and not 3 shades lighter! That's aggravating!

That primer seemed sticky to me when I tested it in the store, and so I ended up sticking with the Smashbox - it's expensive but I usually just wear it with a light powder rather than foundation.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gymrat - that is crazy. I checked the Sephora site and see that there are two color choices between the Champagne and the Beige. You would think that they would have given you something closer and not 3 shades lighter! That's aggravating!

That primer seemed sticky to me when I tested it in the store, and so I ended up sticking with the Smashbox - it's expensive but I usually just wear it with a light powder rather than foundation.
You are one ahead of me Mireckca-
I haven't even looked to see the choices between Beige and Champagne. I guess I better. Yes, Champagne makes me look like a ghost! I don't like the primer either, really. I have 3 Smashbox primers. White, green, and orange. They work ok. I just ordered one from skinactives, I will let you know if it does the trick-

So yet another trip to the mall tomorrow-which is 45 mins away.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oh Dr Feelgood you put the hurt on my face! Nothing but silicone! It just made me a grease slick, no matter how little I used or how well I blended it in. Caca.

I like non-silicone primers better, like Guerlain L'or.

Have you ever been to a Benefit counter where the SA's weren't really aggressive? Like they just won't let you alone! I'm not talking about the Sephora counters where everyone just lets you try stuff on all day long and never gets in your face about it, I mean the Benefit counters in regular stores like Macy's. Just my experience.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
398 Posts
I love Lady's Choice lipstick! It's a nude color with a very slight pink cast to it (on me, at least). Using my first tube and already bought a spare of this.

I also like Dandelion as a blush. It gives very sheer tint as a blush (I know it's intended to be allover face color), and I love that for during the week when I don't have time to worry about if one more brush stroke is going to be overkill and give me clown cheeks. I find it very difficult to overdo Dandelion.

I just swapped for Powderflage. Anyone tried that? Do you use it under your makeup as a base layer, or over makeup as a finishing powder? People seem to be using it both ways.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have you ever been to a Benefit counter where the SA's weren't really aggressive? Like they just won't let you alone! I'm not talking about the Sephora counters where everyone just lets you try stuff on all day long and never gets in your face about it, I mean the Benefit counters in regular stores like Macy's. Just my experience.
lol, yes fawnie, actually the Benefit counter I go to has several new girls, which makes it even worse!! But.......this time.......I out smarted them, I had my HUSBAND take back my products-
you can't talk that guy into buying anything from a makeup counter!! Works everytime for me

1 - 20 of 48 Posts