Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is subjective but what ingredients should I look for?

Has anyone used anti wrinkle by Peter Thomas Roth or Revalskin?

Thanks so much

·
Registered
958 Posts
I suppose there are no "best" ingredients, but there are some new, some old and some more or less documented ingredients. One problem is that most research focus on one single ingredient and on the other hand there is evidence that it is the complex creams and serums with lots if ingredients that can do something for the skin. The different ingredients does different things for the skin, and support various processes. It's when they come together they can really do something in a cream.

The Unwrinkle line from Peter Thomas Roth is based on nourishing skin with different peptides, vitamins with glycolic acid added for exfoliation. Peptides are broken down proteins that the skin can utilize as a topical application. It looks like he has put in lots of promising ingredients, whether they are in a high enough concentration to work is hard to tell. I doubt it's worth the money they ask for it.

Vitamin A acids and retinols are probably the best documented ingredients. Then there are Vitamin C, lipoic acid, CoQ10, idebenon, hyaluronic acid, reversatrol and different anti-oxidants that has shown promising results. These are just the ones I have taken an interest in, but there are lots more and I certainly don't know half of them.

The peptides are also very promising. They come in different forms and under very different names. Matrixyl is one of the widely used ones, but fermented soy, kelp (seaweed) are in much the same category.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose there are no "best" ingredients, but there are some new, some old and some more or less documented ingredients. One problem is that most research focus on one single ingredient and on the other hand there is evidence that it is the complex creams and serums with lots if ingredients that can do something for the skin. The different ingredients does different things for the skin, and support various processes. It's when they come together they can really do something in a cream.

The Unwrinkle line from Peter Thomas Roth is based on nourishing skin with different peptides, vitamins with glycolic acid added for exfoliation. Peptides are broken down proteins that the skin can utilize as a topical application. It looks like he has put in lots of promising ingredients, whether they are in a high enough concentration to work is hard to tell. I doubt it's worth the money they ask for it.

Vitamin A acids and retinols are probably the best documented ingredients. Then there are Vitamin C, lipoic acid, CoQ10, idebenon, hyaluronic acid, reversatrol and different anti-oxidants that has shown promising results. These are just the ones I have taken an interest in, but there are lots more and I certainly don't know half of them.

The peptides are also very promising. They come in different forms and under very different names. Matrixyl is one of the widely used ones, but fermented soy, kelp (seaweed) are in much the same category.
Thanks 2blue.. I am starting to educate myself and this site really helps.

I guess I will try Retin-a, looks like I need a prescription, can my regular doctor prescribe it or d I have to go to a dermatologist?

Also what kind of serum C do you use?

thanks

·
Registered
958 Posts

I guess I will try Retin-a, looks like I need a prescription, can my regular doctor prescribe it or d I have to go to a dermatologist?

thanks
Any doctor can make a perscription, but a dermatologist might help you better. I make my own vitamin C serum these days, If its based on ascorbic acid it needs to be fresh every few days or so. I also mix in some ferulic acid and vitamin E, something I stared with after reading on this forum.

My latest project is to make a cream combining CoQ10, resveratrol and lipoic acid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 2blue, I will look into the serum.

Periwinkle...thanks so much
..(I cannot reply because I do not have enough posts)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had decent results with Peter Thomas Roth. I thought it was great until I tried Janson Beckett. It blew me away! The Janson Beckett line is far better than Peter Thomas Roth in my experience. The best products I have had the most amazing results with are Alpha Derma CE and Peptide Skin Prep. They have very good ingredients like alpha lipoic acid, vitamin c, dmae, collagen and elastin etc. The collagen and elastin are not like most collagen/elastin in other creams. They company says they are in a special form that is easily absorbed into the skin, and I can tell they are one of the reasons why my skin has firmed up so much and feels more elastic and youthful looking.

·
Registered
17 Posts

thanks
You can also order Retin-A and Renova through Medsmex.com. That's where I get mine.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
You can also order Retin-A and Renova through Medsmex.com. That's where I get mine.
You do know how to save a buck or two.

I've ordered mine from them before. I now go with alldaychemist.com
Several of us buy from them. Prices are a little better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You do know how to save a buck or two.

I've ordered mine from them before. I now go with alldaychemist.com
Several of us buy from them. Prices are a little better.
Thanks! I will check them out, when I need to re-order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts