Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a good beauty products comparison website where thousands of products are compared and rated in detail by consumers and where women can share their experience on products that really work and those that donâ€2122t?
Something that is a lot more detailed than ciao / kelkoo or reviewcentre and focuses on product reviews rather than price.
Anyone looking for such a website like me?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I'm sure there's one out there, but I wonder if it would be unbiased -- like who is paying for the comparisons and results. And the other problem I can think of is who would be in the test group -- would they have all age groups -- people of all nationalities,skin types. Skin Care talk can be beneficial because no one is paying anyone for their opinion. I guess what we're looking for is a Consumer's Report on Cosmetics.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What about reviews on Sephora from people who buy a particular product? I like to look at those. I would think those are unbiased.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like to check out customer reviews on websites before I buy a product. But I suppose even those can be falsified by the sellers. Discussion forums are usually a really good source, however, you also need to be careful because sometimes companies will make up fake usernames to advertise or promote their products. I usually trust members that have a lot of posts and have been around for awhile on the forums.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
What about reviews on Sephora from people who buy a particular product? I like to look at those. I would think those are unbiased.
Yes - I do exactly the same thing. Whenever I want to buy anything I check out the Sephora website. The customer reviews show the age bracket and skin tone of the reviewer, which is a big help too.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I like to check Makeup Alley's product reviews before I go chasing something down. Makeupalley - Street Smart Beauty - Homepage and click on "Product Reviews". Membership is free and, like Sephora, products are rated by normal people like you & me who use the products not sales associates.

www.smartskincare.com is a site I have looked at for reliable comparisons among skin care products also.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts