Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What, in your opinion, do you think is the best body wash for dry skin? My skin is SUPER dry, and I'm searching for a body wash that will moisturize it, gently exfoliate, while at the same time working up a good lather.

I've already tried Dove Exfoliating Body Wash, but was not too impressed.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Maybe some shower oil (Nivea has one or two) or something with lots of glycerin in it (like Kenzoki, Loccitane) and then apply a rich body lotion or cream right after the shower to seal moisture in, because a shower gel won't really do much for moisturizing/nourishing, at best it won't dry out skin as much as soap or harsher shower gels would. For extra moisture you can use few drops of oil, either mixed in cream/lotion or applied directly on the skin. Or just use 100% pure shea butter right after showering, it's very nourishing and absorbs fast without any stickiness.
Another option, try to find a glycolic body wash, it will exfoliate and moisturize at the same time.

·
Registered
419 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Think its not just the body wash you need to look out for- if you live in a hard water area (if your in a city, thats very likely) then your water will be hard unless you have a softener attached to it.

Also, if the water is hot its more likely to dry out your skin as you wash.

Any moisturising wash will find it hard if not impossible to compete. Best thing you can do is to exfoliate any dead skin cells, and then apply moisturiser little and often afterwards.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Right now, I'm totally loving Olay body wash the one with shea butter.
I really love the scent. I got it for my birthday from my niece! It also has an accompanying Olay in shower lotion! You should try it, it's great.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I like palmolive and olay body wash. They both smell gr8 and are very moisturising.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Right now I am loving Philosophy amazing grace body wash and spray. I love the smell of it. Very clean fresh scent-

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Right now I am loving Philosophy amazing grace body wash and spray. I love the smell of it. Very clean fresh scent-
Sorry it's Inner Grace from Philosophy, the purple one-
I used Amazing grace prior to trying Inner Grace and I LOVE the smell of the inner grace!! It is just perfect for me.

honestly, either Inner or Amazing both are very nice scents.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I always swear by The Body Shop's shower gels, particularly the Shea Butter one and I follow with their Shea Whip (lotion) after. Works perfectly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nubian Heritage body washes all the way, they're organic and fair trade.

go to Nubianheritage dot com

I particularly love their olive and tea trea body wash and would love to try their Goat's milk and chai body wash.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts