Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any diet pills that WORK? Something non prescription that has no ill side effects. I just started working out again and I think a diet pill would give me a little extra energy and a lot of momentum in my workout.

Open to all suggestions.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I know caffeine and Tyrosine on an empty stomach 30-60 minutes before working out works well for me.

I read this on another forum I visit. I've heard good things about 5 hour energy drink.

I find that 2-4g Tyrosine, 25mg B-6, 2g C (I use ester-c), rhodiola, red ginseng extract ON AN EMPTY STOMACH... wait 20-30 minutes... then add caffeine-based energy drink, and if you really want a kick, 15-25 mg of Synephrine (Bitter Orange extract standardized for synephrine... combo of bitter orange extract with caffeine can be found in "MiniThin 25/50 EF" product). For even better results, add 5-10g Glutamine powder, as well as 5-10g Ribose powder. The Ribose works best with some carbohydrate, so adding a cup or so of some juice to the supplements if your stomach is empty will help it absorb and kickstart the process.

Actually a couple commercial products that work quite well are:

Those little ORANGE colored "5-HOUR ENERGY NO CRASH" liquid bottles, also a product available at most stores including Wal-Mart in the workout supplement area called Energize... both have some pretty advanced ingredients like tyrosine, citicoline, theobromine, octacosanol etc were obviously designed by someone who knew what they are doing:

5-Hour Energy bottles:

Vitamin B6
Vitamin B12
Niacin (Vitamin B3)
Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)
Citicoline
Tyrosine
Phenylalanine
Taurine
Malic Acid
Glucuronolactone
Caffeine

Energize pills:

L-Tyrosine
Glucuronolactone
Caffeine
Theobromine
Rhodiola Extract
Asian Ginseng Root
Octacosanol
Thiamine
B-6
B-12Folic Acid
Magnesium

·
Registered
395 Posts
Mm, Im trying pure hoodia at the moment, but this is meant to stop you eating so much/being hungry).

Im abit confused because if youre working out and want to build momentum, you wont need a 'diet pill', you'll need supplements right?

Are you trying to shift some extra pounds or build muscle?

Just seen peri's post. wont be needing my input then! lol

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Or this. It gives me plenty of energy without making me feel "speedy". It has lots of good things in it, unlike "diet pills".

Maca root is an herbal supplement that increases energy. Maca Root : Peruvian Maca : Maca Herb & Extract : Discovery Health

If you are looking for something to knock your appetite, take 1-2 tsp of Bragg's ACV in a glass of pure water three times a day before meals. Magic!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Administrator
33,728 Posts
Or this. It gives me plenty of energy without making me feel "speedy". It has lots of good things in it, unlike "diet pills".

Maca root is an herbal supplement that increases energy. Maca Root : Peruvian Maca : Maca Herb & Extract : Discovery Health

If you are looking for something to knock your appetite, take 1-2 tsp of Bragg's ACV in a glass of pure water three times a day before meals. Magic!
Fawnie, just the smell of ACV is enough to knock my appetite-

Just drink coffee all day!!

·
Administrator
33,728 Posts
Coffee makes me want to jump out of my skin
! And it leaches calcium from the bones....not good in excess!
I'll stick with the maca and energy drink!
I love coffee-
I can drink it morning noon and night. Reminds me of my grandma. Anytime of day she would sit at the ******* table, drink coffee, and do the crossword puzzle.

Gosh, I hope that isn't what I have to look forward too-

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I love coffee-
I can drink it morning noon and night. Reminds me of my grandma. Anytime of day she would sit at the ******* table, drink coffee, and do the crossword puzzle.

Gosh, I hope that isn't what I have to look forward too-
Hey crossword puzzles keep the old brain sharp.

·
Administrator
33,728 Posts
Hey crossword puzzles keep the old brain sharp.
Well maybe I should start doing them then!!

I have miss placed my bank card (online shopping) and can't find it for the LIFE of me find it!!! I feel like I am loosing my mind!! I have wasted my WHOLE day looking for it-

If I had been doing crossword puzzles, maybe my brain would be sharp enough to remember where in the heck I put my card!!

·
Administrator
33,728 Posts
Hey rat! I'm surprised you don't have that number memorized by now!
Well........one would think so. I do have the 3 digets on the back memorized if that helps any-

It is just so frustrating. It is one of those things where I remember setting it somewhere and thinking.........don't do that you are going to forget where it is!! And that is exactly what happened.

I am a very organized person too. So my purse is very neat and tiddy as are my drawers, etc at home. I just have NO clue. I have checked pockets, sofa cushions, under the beds, etc. You name it, I have looked, and still NOTHING- All I keep thinking is.......oh my DH is gonna kill me-

It is a HUGE punishment too, because I have an order waiting to be purchased from Vitacost and I can't complete it. This will teach me a huge lesson that is for sure.

·
Administrator
33,728 Posts
Have you asked Sampson?
Oh Sampson and I have had long discussions about where that damn card is!! I ended up ordering another one and just hope I can retreive it from the mail lady before anyone else-
I will enventually get caught, because my card had a picture of Ginger on it- it is a very special card that I had made

You know it will show up as soon as the new one arrives.

·
Administrator
33,728 Posts
How does one go about getting a custom credit card made??
(Like I need another incentive to whip it out!)
well........the boys got it for me as a gift, not the card, but the card with the picture of Ginger on it. Does that make sense? LOL

So.......I have been searching and searching for clues as to where they got it from!! I even went into the bank, they had NO idea
The card I re ordered is just a plain one from the bank until I have the courage to admit to loosing my other one-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
What a great gift - and something you can use every day!!
AH HA! Did they get it HERE?? Pretty cool!!

Have you retraced your steps, going over exactly what you were doing and where?
Maybe it fell out of your purse into your car, the driveway, the gym...?
Did you stuff it in your pocket?
Did you lay it beside the phone/computer/wash sink?
Is it in your makeup bag/drawer?

I'm sure it'll turn up when you aren't looking for it! Isn't that the way it goes!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Administrator
33,728 Posts
What a great gift - and something you can use every day!!
AH HA! Did they get it HERE?? Pretty cool!!

Have you retraced your steps, going over exactly what you were doing and where?
Maybe it fell out of your purse into your car, the driveway, the gym...?
Did you stuff it in your pocket?
Did you lay it beside the phone/computer/wash sink?
Is it in your makeup bag/drawer?

I'm sure it'll turn up when you aren't looking for it! Isn't that the way it goes!
OMG I have retraced my steps over and over. To the point of going insane!! I checked pockets, car, my purse a million times, every nook and cranny!! For some odd reason, I have this vision of dropping it in a box or basket or something, and thinking......you better not forget to pick that up-
yes I am FAMOUS for sticking it in my pocket so of course I don't get caught with it near my computer-

We are not B of A users, that is only for B of A customers-

What to do, what to do-

·
Administrator
33,728 Posts
OK so look in every box and basket! Maybe DH or the boys found it and are "keeping it safe" for you!
I am afraid of that! They are probably loving every minute of me anguishing over it. Just waiting for me to spill the beans-

I just had a thought.....I wonder if it is in one of my gym shoes!!! I'll be back-

1 - 20 of 140 Posts