Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just a bit overwhelmed by the different prices and types of exfoliaters. What are the best products for under $15? I have a bit if flaky skin on my forehead and cheeks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm just a bit overwhelmed by the different prices and types of exfoliaters. What are the best products for under $15? I have a bit if flaky skin on my forehead and cheeks.
I've recently tried Neutrogena's VisblyEven Skin Polishing Enzyme Treatment. And I like it.

This product will save you Time and Money; AND it is safe for use on Darker skin tones and on Sensitive Skin. (see quote below)

1 Tube ($12) will literally provide head-to-toe exfoliation. That's a bargin! The enzymes work to disolve deadskin.

I have used it twice head-to-toe-to-back-to-fingertips(including the underarms). That's a mani-pedi, a facial, a back treatment and "specialty area" twice for about $25.00 total. Total time for both treatments:30-40 minutes total.
My routine: Shower, paint/slather thin coating onto, damp skin, wait 10 minutes, rub off of dry areas, then shower and use a buff puff to remove the rest. Cleanse and moisturize skin as usual. I recommend following up with a SheaButter moisturizer for the body aftewards.​
Enzyme peels are the only peels I use as a professional, this is great over-the-counter product.
"Enzyme products work entirely on the surface of the skin to exfoliate, and do not penetrate a couple of layers of skin like the Glycolic Acid does. The Enzyme products work with all natural fruit enzymes including Papaya enzyme and Pineapple enzyme. They do a beautiful job on the skin!"​
Fruit Enzyme Products can accomplish the following:

Exfoliates dead skin cells
Stimulates new cell growth and new collagen
Improves skin tone and texture
Improves the appearance of fine lines and crepiness
Improve blotchiness and pigmentation irregularities
Safe for any skin type, including sensitive skin​

·
Registered
16 Posts
You want an exfoliate that works with the cellar levels of your skin. If you dont you will actually cause more damage to you skin and that will cause wrinkles and uneven skin tone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts