Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm trying to understand how frequently and with what, I should be advising my students to exfolidate their skin with.
Advice welcome.
Most exfoliating muslin cloths (liz earle and eve lom) appear to be quite expensive, only safai skin offering a cheaper good qaulity.
Wordss of wisdom anyone?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I do not like the microfibre cloth myself, I have them but I find them difficult to use (maybe I am a bit slow!). I prefer to use pure cane sugar mixed in almond and jojoba oils during a shower once a week and daily I now use an aha 20% (Donnel) body cream/lotion and then use my Xtendlife which has done wonders for my skin. The 20% aha keeps my skin shiny and turned over and the Xtendlife has certainly done wonders at tightening and even reversing some serious signs of aging (I have seen clusters of what I thought were abnormal cells resolve since starting xtendlife products).

Then about once a month I have been doing 20-25 minutes (unbearable for most) of 50% glycolic acid from make-up artists choice. This I am only doing as prep for my TCA peeling next week!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I love my microfiber cloth from NCN, it is better than any exfoliation scrub, lotion, etc, I have EVER used!!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I try and use them but I like to do it in the shower and it seems to get too wet then does not work well.
I use my cloth in the shower and I have another one on my bathroom sink. What gets too wet the cloth or......?

What I do is lather up my face with my face wash, then wring out my cloth really good, then use it on top of my face wash. Leaves my face with a shine, like when you wax your car!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
the best exfolication you can get is call microdermabrasion system. Its an at home system that actually works with your skin and not against it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope - Safai Skin still wins for quality of cloth and results (and price). I believe you can buy it from Amazon as well.

·
Registered
66 Posts
No one has mentioned Enzyme exfoliation for those of us prone to redness by friction-methods. There are many enzyme exfoliants out there based upon the Papain in papayas or the bromelain in pineapples or the antioxidants and fruit acids in pumpkins. I hear that NCN makes a very good Pumpkin product for exfoliation.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
what do you think of microderm abrasion with aluminum oxide crystals? I've been using the 120 grit medical grade mixed up with a thick facial cleanser. I leave it in the shower and use it before i wash my hair, pretty much daily. i also have the skin resurfacer from serious skin care. i've been doing that about every 2 weeks or so.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts