Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best hair wax for guys? I'm using Hennes & Maurit's Clay Wax now, it's pretty good+it's damn cheap, but I'm willing to try new ones too.

Btw, never ever try Dax Wax, my buddies and I used it for years before, and we really regret that

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Hi Saklig--where are you from? Sorry just you and another poster both have names that mean something in Swedish so I am curious. That said, if you are investing in waxing why not invest in laser hair removal? Just curious. I did it but I started it in Thailand where it was dirt cheap so I do know the costs are prohibitive but as a woman who now can go without EVER shaving I am thrilled I did it. I save a ton of money on shaving gels, creams, razors and the like. I can throw on a swimsuit anytime, a small dress, never have to worry about my underarms having hair stubble nor my legs. It is great!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha I'm not talking about that type of hair wax (removal). I meant hair wax styling (for the hair). I should have stated it though

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
My bad! I assumed wax=body wax! My ex used Gatsby and Paul Mitchell--both left marks anywhere he layed down for more than 5 minutes!

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
haha I'm not talking about that type of hair wax (removal). I meant hair wax styling (for the hair). I should have stated it though
what kind of hair do you have? Curly, straight, baby fine, thick? And what kind of hold are you looking for? Very strong, medium hold, light just for styling?

Need more details Saklig.......-us girls/guys always need the important info before we can make recommendations.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what kind of hair do you have? Curly, straight, baby fine, thick? And what kind of hold are you looking for? Very strong, medium hold, light just for styling?

Need more details Saklig.......-us girls/guys always need the important info before we can make recommendations.
I guess my hair is pretty straight, like blonde nordic type. I'm looking for a pretty strong hold as I'm having a small Mohawk now

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
ok gottcha-

ok here are two products I would recommend. Hard Up ( Short (( Sexy Hair

Ice Hair Spiker Water-Resistant Styling Glue Gel - Joico - Short Hair Styling Products

The JOICO product on the sleekhair link is what my son uses. He does the spiky look all over. It holds his hair in place, like glue. Very strong hold. He loves it and has used this for years, not kidding, YEARs.

The other product is another good firm holding gel. And a really neat line. You might like their products as well. It is a blue product, but dries clear.

Hope this helps and good luck with your new do...hairdo-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts