Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I like the pink Vaseline intensive care hand & nail lotion, and one from Clique that I used a while ago. They absorb quickly and smell nice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well...

If you're not looking for fancy bottles but good stuff that aren't too costly either, I would suggest Atrix, Nivea SOS handcream, Neutrogena or the Vaseline Intensive Care (who cares if its pink, I think it works pretty well and its very light)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've used vasaline before, yes it's discussting. Lol. It works though, slather it on, wear socks so it doesn't get on your stuff and go to sleep. (that's the best time to do it because your not doing anything but sleep.)

If you wouldn't prefer that, you could also try one of the lotions from Bath & Body Works. They're lotions smell amazing, and are full of natural ingredients.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Personally, I prefer The Body Shop's Hemp Hand Protector. It costs a bit more than a grocery store cream, but it works really well. Fragrance is not at all feminine. All the men in my family who work outside quite a bit use it. It's also used by many I know who are nurses and have to wash their hands a lot. It's main moisturizers are hempseed oil, beeswax, lanolin, and glycerin.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The one I'm using now is called Apo Base an it's an oily cream, my skin is pretty dry. Is is any good?

Ingredients:
Aqua
Petrolatum
Paraffinum liquidum
Cetearyl Alcohol
CETETH 20
Phenoxyethanol
Metyl, Ethyl, Propyl, Butyl, Isobutylparaben

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
The one I'm using now is called Apo Base an it's an oily cream, my skin is pretty dry. Is is any good?

Ingredients:
Aqua
Petrolatum
Paraffinum liquidum
Cetearyl Alcohol
CETETH 20
Phenoxyethanol
Metyl, Ethyl, Propyl, Butyl, Isobutylparaben
OH yeah! That looks like a great barrier cream!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best I have ever used is Cetaphil moisturising cream in the jar. I have used it exclusively on my face, hands, legs for years and always get compliments on my skin.

·
Registered
412 Posts
A small dab of Vaseline on the hands and cuticles before bed. It works and its cheap. If you want to spend more money, shea butter (L'Occitane) works great!

Mario Badescu Elasto Seamollient (sp?) hand cream is one of my faves for after doing dishes or cleaning. Its cheap too. Love the smell!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've always had trouble with dry hands. I am always
washing them. Just recently I tried Gold Bond. So far it
has been the best thing I have found.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I have a tube of cheap no-name type hand lotion that I have been too fussy to use. Last night I gave-in an put a glob in my hands, added a couple of drops of glycerin to it, mixed it up, and massaged it into the skin of my hands, including the fingers and wrists. This morning my hands were incredibly soft - unlike the other hand lotions that I had been using, and certainly alot cheaper.

I think that the lotion merely served as a vehicle to deliver the glycerin which, as Fawnie noted above, should not be used straight from the bottle. But it is a fantastic humectant. I cannot wait for tonight when I plan to add a drop or two of sweet almond oil to it - if only I had some coconut oil handy too!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
...and what about a cap or two of Vit E!!! Wow!

I have heard that Gold Bond CoQ10 cream is good and has a lot of ingredients of more expensive creams, too.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts