Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best monobrow solution? lol. I've tried laser, but it came back. But when I get more money, I'll get it done by a better laser. Right now, I'm shaving, but creates some redness. Any other solutions? I've heard waxing might work, but waxing also supposedly creates redness.

Thanks..

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Threading, which is done in Middle Eastern countries by ppl with the same problem is effective and less traumatizing than waxing or plucking, is an option! Some malls have a kiosk I have seen with the service. Or check a phone book or google.

Electrolysis is a permanent option.
Plucking.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Threading, which is done in Middle Eastern countries by ppl with the same problem is effective and less traumatizing than waxing or plucking, is an option! Some malls have a kiosk I have seen with the service. Or check a phone book or google.

Electrolysis is a permanent option.
Plucking.
People of middle eastern race are probably the ones that has the worst mono brows=P (no offense).

What really is threading? Is it a product you can buy?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
People of middle eastern race are probably the ones that has the worst mono brows=P (no offense).

What really is threading? Is it a product you can buy?
That's what I'm saying. If that is the method that they use, it must be effective, no?
Google "threading" and it will give you all you need to know!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've decided to have it removed by electrolysis now, I'll do it in August when I have the money to it.

What are some important things to check with the dermatologist before doing it? I've had bad experiences with "removing" the mono brow before.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
DONT! You will get pitting! I would either buy a TRIA laser removal device and do it yourself (about 7.000 NK) or I would go to a laser place and have it done. It will not take long as it is facial hair that is pretty thick, dark and deep-rooted. (Unless it is blond)

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Any redness from treated skin goes away quickly. Try getting it zapped off with a laser. After a few treatments, you will be free of the problem. I've seen threading done & the clients seemed to be experiencing too much discomfort for my liking. With wax, one fast ZIP & it is done. Laser, though, is the best & for a small area like between the brows, it'll be inexpensive & fast.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Any redness from treated skin goes away quickly. Try getting it zapped off with a laser. After a few treatments, you will be free of the problem. I've seen threading done & the clients seemed to be experiencing too much discomfort for my liking. With wax, one fast ZIP & it is done. Laser, though, is the best & for a small area like between the brows, it'll be inexpensive & fast.
Exactly plus you go through the pain once instead of repeatedly! (Once meaning one set of treatments).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts