Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what age (generally) is it important to start using a night cream? I'm 25 years old with no signs of aging, but I'm wondering if I should start using something for prevention (besides sunscreen)? Any good suggestions?

What are the best night creams out there? Are the designer brands really better? What about all natural products like Burts Bees, do those products really work as well as the ones with all those "chemicals" in them.....?

What are your faves?

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
25 is a good age to start looking at anti aging products. Designer brands are really over rated in my book.

Some of my favorites creams are at skin care, actives, skin care product, natural skin care, serious skin care, organic skin care, skin care information

I also really like using oils. Jojoba, grapeseed oil and sweet almond oil. These work well as moisturizers.

You also want to just be sure you are using a good sunscreen. This is the first step in protecting yourself from having to start with the anti aging creams to begin with. Make sure your SPF is 30 or higher and be sure you wear it regularly. Rain or shine. The sun is your biggest enemy in regards to wrinkles.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I would agree - just use a nice light oil at night. Something like rosehip seed oil or jojoba and a sunscreen and vit C serum in the daytime. Why clog up your skin with a lot of chemicals and junk you don't need? Let your skin breathe at night!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is advised to start young when it comes to anti-aging cream, as prevention is much better than having to patch up wrinkles at a later age. I agree with gymrat, the designer brands like Lancome, Clinique, Estee Lauder, etc are over rated and too pricey for the results that you get out of them.

Check out this website for some good reviews on eye creams and anti wrinkle products: squidoo.com/eyecreamreview

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
The best night cream I've ever used was Sisley Intensive Night Cream. It's basically mineral oil with some plant extracts and strong old lady flower-powder scent, but it works wonders, I wake up with with smooth, radiant, glowing skin, no dryness or anything. But it costs more like La Mer and...
As far as oils go, I get best results with sunflower oil and avocado oil, but they sink in and thats all, nothing more, I still use a regular moisturizer over them. But I really liked Weleda Wild Rose Oil Capsules, they are single dose capsules with peach kernel base oil and rose distillate and something else, I forgot what, but they are a great boost for skin.

·
Registered
98 Posts
To me shea butter is wonderful. Also I don't know if you all have heard of Dream Products. I started using them a long time ago and use them off and on. She doesn't have a website. You can e-mail her at [email protected]. Her prices are very reasonable. Her name is Denise Merryfield. She will customize the ingredients and you can get samples of any products. I'm not affiliated with her in any way. She's just a very sweet person. You can see the reviews on makeupalley. Her night cream is so luxurious and the plus is they've never broke me out.

Sandy

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I use Rose hip serum, it's cheap as I make it myself. And I use Lancome moisturizer, I think it's a pretty good combination.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I use grapeseed oil or rosehip oil as my facial moisturiser. These oils are light and nice for both daytime and nightime use. I agree designer brand are over-rated and pricey.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did anybody use Olay's new line Pro-X?
I am like the OP 25 year old old and am looking for an anti aging line to use to help my skin stay young for longer. I also us an SPF 30 sunscreen everymorning (included in Pro-X products). I searched the website but couldn't find any reviews on this particular line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts