Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have terrible scars (brown / dark spots) caused from cooking with grease.

I hate cooking with grease because each time it pops all over my face, arms, hands, etc...

Now, I have several spots caused from this.

Can someone PLEASE recommend a great product that will reduce or get rid of the scars?

ANY advice is GREATLY appreciate.

In a few of my previous posts, I was asking about Estee Lauder and Clinique products only because I am not familiar with other lines.

Please educate me!
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You'll have to be more descriptive with your scar condition. Are they raised? How long have you had them? How big are they?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Freddy,

Thank you for your reply.
I apologize for not providing enough information.
Quote: Originally Posted by

You'll have to be more descriptive with your scar condition. Are they raised? How long have you had them? How big are they?

Absolutely.
I will provide as much information as you need.

1. No, not raised
2. Had them about 3 months
3. About the size of a dime
4. Medium to dark brown spots

Thank you so much for any help.
Please let me know if you need additional info.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You can try glycolic acid. microdermabrasion, or AHA. They all serve the same purpose which is to shead the told layers of the skin and promote healthy skin.

If they don't work you can resort to skin lightening creams which will blend the scars with the other skin or you can go for laser treatments, but caution must be used with that since it came make it worse.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Freddy,
Thank you so much.
May I ask you another question?

What are some good products that contain glycolic acid and AHA?
And where can I buy them?

I've wanted to try some Estee Lauder or Clinique, but I know there are so many more options out there, but have NO idea where to start.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I dont know about anything with glycolic or aha in it but i had awful scars and i used bio oil and they did fade a lot. You can use it on all sorts like stretch marks, uneven skintone, sunburn even wrinkles. Its all natural ingredients aswell. It didnt get rid of my scars but they were big ones from s/h so i didnt expect it to, but just for burns i should think it would work. A lot of people dont like it [i think because its really greasy] and it doesnt always work but i would give it a try deffinatley!!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You can also try Cicaplast by La Roche-Posay, available at the pharmacy for about $20 US. It is indicated for post-laser treatments but it works will with assisting in scar and damaged skin recovery. I used it before after a laser treatment and I was really amazed with the results.

You can find glycolic and AHA products at the pharmacy. I can't recommend a particular brand because they're all pretty much the same. The idea is that you will remove the top layers of the skin and make the scars less visible.

You can give both a shot and see how they work for you. Should cost less than 50 bucks for a 2 month supply. If that does work you can always go for Microdermabrasion or laser treatments.

If you are really set on getting rid of them and those last two things don't work, you can have them surgically cut out and revised. That'll cost you though, that's expensive stuff.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Wonderul, thank you.
Where can I purchase it?

Well if you're in England, absolutley anywhere. Lloyds chemists, Boots, Superdrug, Holland and barrret..just any chemist really. If you live anywhere else ive no idea. Have a look about in chemists and if you cant find anything you'll be able to get it off eBay deffo. Or probably some online shop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts