Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MUFE HD Microfinish Loose Powder

Sephora: MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder: Loose Powder

The large jar is $30 and the smaller travel size jar is $15. You will not be sorry with this! It takes the tackiness off any foundation and sets it flawlessly for hours. Leaves a natural but not completely matte finish and no white Casper look since it's talc-free. The silica microspheres make the skin look air-brushed. I've read about this for so long on MUA and Sephora reviews and now I'm a believer!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Hmmm, have to try this one. I wanted to try it, but I tested their HD foundation first and it was gross, despite great reviews, not HD and not invisible at all, it's chalky and impossible to blend. Givenchy Photo Perfection Perfexion and Diorskin Forever are 1000x better HD foundations, but not my favorites anyway. So, I never tried MUFE HD powder... Interesting how it compares to Sisley Transparent Powder and Dior Extreme Fix, those are my "best powders".

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O I agree Ray, MUFE HD foundation was terrible for me too...and impossible to work with....too tacky. I love my Graftobian Hi-Def Cream foundation and, 2nd best, Diorskin Nude.
I've never had a chance to try the 2 powders you mentioned....this MUFE HD powder is excellent tho...nothing like some of their other less wonderful products!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Mufe is over hyped anyway, just like MAC or Benefit. They happen to have a couple of good products and very good marketing tactics.
But you should at least try Dior powder some time, the jar is very opponent and makes you feel so decadent using it. Pure Lux!

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
The name is both impressive and scary, IMO!
I would go for Forever if I had to choose between Forever and Extreme Fix, the Forever one seem the be more natural and more lasting. On my skin at least.
But they can't beat Sisley Phyto-Teint Eclat! Nothing can beat that one, it's the most wonderful thing in the wounderful wonderland of makeup. It's been a around for a couple of years, but it's more HD and more extreme hold than the new ones. You HAVE to try it!
I swear once you find your shade, you will never use anything else.

·
Registered
419 Posts
don't like the MUFE foundation either!! Too heavy.... doesn't blend well.... I will try the powder next time I'm in Ulta or Sephora. Right now I am happy with Cargo Blu ray pressed powder. I don't use it for day time wear but I like the look for night time when I want a more finished look.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
MUFE HD Microfinish Loose Powder

Sephora: MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder: Loose Powder

The large jar is $30 and the smaller travel size jar is $15. You will not be sorry with this! It takes the tackiness off any foundation and sets it flawlessly for hours. Leaves a natural but not completely matte finish and no white Casper look since it's talc-free. The silica microspheres make the skin look air-brushed. I've read about this for so long on MUA and Sephora reviews and now I'm a believer!
I use this powder fawnie.......I can't say it is the best I have ever tried. I know, I know, shame on me-
it is a little too sheer for me.

I have never tried Dior's powders but if they work as well as the foundations, I am thinking I would like them better than MUFE HD. I just wasn't all that impressed with MUFE.

I wish I could get in the habit of not having to feel the need to even use a powder after my foundation. Some habits are HARD to break!!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
The name is both impressive and scary, IMO!
I would go for Forever if I had to choose between Forever and Extreme Fix, the Forever one seem the be more natural and more lasting. On my skin at least.
But they can't beat Sisley Phyto-Teint Eclat! Nothing can beat that one, it's the most wonderful thing in the wounderful wonderland of makeup. It's been a around for a couple of years, but it's more HD and more extreme hold than the new ones. You HAVE to try it!
I swear once you find your shade, you will never use anything else.
What kind of coverage would you say the Sisley Phyto is? Light, medium or full coverage? Matte or dewy finish?

Right now I am currently using the Dior Nude foundation and have recently bought Dior Capture Totale to try. I haven't used it enough yet to know if I like it yet or not.
Sephora: Dior Capture Totale Foundation: Liquid Foundation

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But I like the sheerness of it (MUFE HD Microfinish)! It's just to set the foundation really, not add anything to it. Sort of the Emperor's New Clothes I guess, but it does something magical to the finish. Blurs it a bit.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
What kind of coverage would you say the Sisley Phyto is? Light, medium or full coverage? Matte or dewy finish?]
It's medium and natural finish. It gets kinda glowy at the end of the day on my combination skin, but never shiny. Some say it can be built to to full coverage, but I never tried, it works fine for me as it is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts