Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since the sun is my mortal enemy, I use a lot of sunscreen all over my body.

What is your favorite sunscreen for your face? All the brands I've tried end up stinging my eyes by the end of the day. Do some of you only rely on high spf makeup?

thanks!!

\\ l /
--( )--
/ l \\

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi,
i am a male so I can't provide any data on the make up end of it but I am health fanatic to a degree, so I did a ton of research on all the sun screen & sun block & hopefully will save u a lot of time and bad experiences.

1 Heads up, obviously every one has their own thoughts & below is only my research & personal experience. I realize there r ppl who know much more than me.

2 I 've REAL sensitive skin, so I don't use a sun screen with chemicals but a mineral based physical sun block (there is a difference between a sun screen and a sun block) with both titanium dioxide and zinc oxide as it's active ingredients and the company is Jason a company who is committed to using all natural ingredients in all their products and the inactive ingredients in their sun block is awesome. The other company that is actually the gold standard with natural ingredients is Aubrey. I have nothing to do w/ these companies. I am just a simple patron of them. I would be very surprised if u tried either one of these products and ur skin burned. Just beware cause Jason does make a sun screen also and i accidentally ordered it & burned my skin so make sure u get the one I mentioned if ur going to give it a try.

3. down side for some-- physical sunblocks from my experience r heavy and when applying it is very white & u really need to rub it in well cause if u dont u end with your face having white cream on it. I avoid this by rubbing it in well but keep in mind I dont apply make up so I never factor that in to the equation.

4 I found that the best way to buy them is on ebay or amazon by companies that sell them 4 WAY less $ than when I use to purchase them at the health food store.
hope this helps.

PS Like, can u change ur photo cause I have a thing 4 girls w/ pretty feet & I am here 2 focus on skin care. LOL Opps, hope I did not break a posting rule w/ that comment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use neutrogena sunblock spf 15.

It works for me but it does leave a white film on your face as jkp stated.
It's the first that I've tried so far. Thinking about trying one from the clinique line.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Any of THESE are the best, depending on what type skin you have. They have high enough SPF and PPD to be effective against burning AND ageing.

Please read the info about sunscreens on the site there, it is very informative!

High Spf makeup is not effective! You would have to apply 1/4 tsp of it to your face to obtain adequate protection. Most of us don't use that much.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Fawnie how long does it normally take to get your order from that company?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Any of THESE are the best, depending on what type skin you have. They have high enough SPF and PPD to be effective against burning AND ageing.

Please read the info about sunscreens on the site there, it is very informative!

High Spf makeup is not effective! You would have to apply 1/4 tsp of it to your face to obtain adequate protection. Most of us don't use that much.
Preach it sister.

Skincare Central-All About Sunscreens

Additional great sunscreen info.

http://makeupalley.com/account/sn.as...e=sunscreenFAQ

http://www.makeupalley.com/user/notepad/sunscreens

1 - 9 of 9 Posts