1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ..
this is my first topic in
Skin Care

I want to ask , which sun protection Cream is the best ?

I'm using Louis Widmer 25+ ( UVA+UVB )

and what about
Isis Pharma is it good?

waitting for your reply

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
After doing my research I've found that zinc oxide has the broadest protection spectrum, both UVA and UVB and is very photo-stable, so any formulation with 5% zinc oxide (I'm not sure, but thats like SPF20, PA++) or more is a very good option, especially for people with sensitive skins who cannot use chemical sunscreens. The newest ZnO filter is called Z-cote, a transparent zinc oxide. How a transparent sunscreen is supposed to work is beyond me, but apparently it works very nicely.
Titanium dioxide is a very good option as it's also photo-stable, but it's not broad spectrum, according to most websites. So it's probably a good idea to look for a product that has multiple sunscreen ingredients.

My favorites right now are Shiseido sunscreens, they use zinc oxide and various chemical sunscreens, depending on formula. I think that Shiseido also uses some sort of coating for their sunscreens or something, they do put a lot of stuff their bottles, like Xylitol.
But I'm thinking of trying something with mineral filters.

Mexoryl, Ecamsule is supposed to be great too, but most sunscreens that use those ingredients tend to break me and/out and look very unnatural. I also don't understand the claim that La Roche Possay has the best sunscreens. Vichy products are virtually the same, all down to packaging and Lancome is much more gentler. All these companies are owned by Loreal so they probably share their technology.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I said that it's probably best to have mix of various sunscreen ingredients. Most filters protect better and are more photos-stable when combined.
I've never seen a sunscreen with 20% zinc oxide (that sounds more like an oinment than a suncreen), most are 10% or lower and are combined with some chemical or physical filters, but then again, here in Europe regulations forbid to sell sunscreens above SPF30/PA+++, maybe that's why I only see lower %.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Never heard of these companies. Kinda remind me of Jason Naturals, they used to make blue-ish tint sunscreens with ZnO years ago.

But now I'm kinda confused, it takes 7% Z-cote+10% TiO2 = SPF 30 or 7% Z-cote to get SPF 30, but with ZinClear (as I understand ZinClear is one half zinc oxide and the ther half some sort of emollent mix) it takes 50%, to block 97% UV rays, thats like a SPF 30, so in ZinClear it takes 25% zinc oxide to get SPF 30?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

thank you so much for your fast reply

periwinkle , rayoflight

hummm .. acually I'm using Louis Widmer Sun Cream depending my doctor advice
, and it's Highly protects (UVA 99% , UVB 98%)

·
Registered
4,304 Posts

thank you so much for your fast reply

periwinkle , rayoflight

hummm .. acually I'm using Louis Widmer Sun Cream depending my doctor advice
, and it's Highly protects (UVA 99% , UVB 98%)

Guess I should have just looked at the ingredients...lol
That sunscreen looks good. Has Tinosorb S, Titanium Dioxide and many other goodies in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts