Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was just wondering if anyone had experience with any treatments that successfully reduced or helped get rid of laugh lines?

thx

·
Registered
1 Posts
ArteFill injections are the latest 'fix' for smile lines. Works, and the results are amazing, cost is out of my range. Around 1500.00 for first syringe, then 1000.00 for each additional... then you have a complete touch up at an additional charge in a few weeks.... and then you are done for like 10 years or something like that..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi I was just wondering if anyone had experience with any treatments that successfully reduced or helped get rid of laugh lines?

thx
Sure, you can have Botox or filler injections. Both are very effective in treating deep creases formed by repetitive facial expressions. But why do you want to get rid of them? They have been formed by years of laughter and happiness. You should be proud of them, and the rest of us, with deep creases in the forehead and between the brows, caused by years of frowning, should be jealous!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

should we assume the laugh lines you are talking about are at the corners of your eyes? If so I have them too...but mine are also compounded by years of growing up without sunscreen, sunglasses or a hat. I'm 48 year old male and have what I call crows feet around my eyes. Although I think I'm going to use your definition from now on...

There are things you can do without botox. Some are home rememdies, some are all natural, while others are from clinical skin care products. The reason you have these lines is that the proteins that hold the collagen and cells together are not holding the right cells together, they're cross-linked to other cells not next to them....this causes sagging of skin and fine to deep lines because the epidermis is not where it should be. The body stops making new collagen cells and protein cells.

There are products that have been proven to help unlink these proteins and help them relink with the right collagen cells and at the same time slow the diminshing of loss of collagen or even begin to induce slow regrowth of new cells. Once this process begins, some of the fine lines will be reduced as new cells and collagen fibers are being replaced to the right area.

Pick a product and try it. Stay with it long enough to see if it works for you. If it does not then choose a different one until you find the one at your price point that works to the level of results you want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If by laugh lines we are talking about crows feet botox is not the correct thing.. botox is proven to work best on the forehead.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, Try Transformulas EyeLifting Gel . They have a web site but I just recently bought some on the Duty Free with Virgin (19 Pounds or 25 on own their site - I looked it up as I want to buy more) IT WORKS!!! (The reason I bought it was the ad said that Victoria Beckham uses it and so if it's good enough for her........) You put it on and gently pull the side of your eye - inst in the box -I really can tell a difference and have been using it since 18 Jan. I am going to order their lip pout gel as well - they had run out on the virgin flight.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by

Botox or fillers like the others mentioned.

I only have fined lines and discovered that L'Oreal Secret Number 1 is a good product to fill those lines.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Botox or fillers like the others mentioned.

I only have fined lines and discovered that L'Oreal Secret Number 1 is a good product to fill those lines.

Message toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhort ?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Hi, Try Transformulas EyeLifting Gel . They have a web site but I just recently bought some on the Duty Free with Virgin (19 Pounds or 25 on own their site - I looked it up as I want to buy more) IT WORKS!!! (The reason I bought it was the ad said that Victoria Beckham uses it and so if it's good enough for her........) You put it on and gently pull the side of your eye - inst in the box -I really can tell a difference and have been using it since 18 Jan. I am going to order their lip pout gel as well - they had run out on the virgin flight.
But how would this work for laugh lines?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by itchyfeets

But how would this work for laugh lines?

Thank you I will look into that..although I have never heard of the brand. I use botox but it never last long on laugh lines. On the forehead yes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts