Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ~ I wanted to share info on Camu C serum which has the highest concentration of naturally occuring Vitamin C in the world. Camu is a fruit that grows in the Amazon Rainforest and many studies have been done on it's powerful properties and anti-aging benefits on the skin. I've been using it for a really long time and really want to share this info with people who are interested in caring for themselves with organic products. If you are interested in it, post a reply!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi there,

Hmm, I was just wondering, what does Vitamin C serum do exactly? I have seen quite a few from different skin care brands, and it sounds quite interesting..

Have you noticed a difference on your skin when you've been using it? I've understood that brightens and lightens the skin??

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Hi there,

Hmm, I was just wondering, what does Vitamin C serum do exactly? I have seen quite a few from different skin care brands, and it sounds quite interesting..

Have you noticed a difference on your skin when you've been using it? I've understood that brightens and lightens the skin??
Yes I've noticed brighter and smoother skin since using it for around 9 months.

Topical Skin Rejuvenation Treatments

Vitamin C is naturally found in skin and gets depleted in daylight. If you don´t use topical C you will have less than optimal amounts in your skin. Oral supplementation can only increase skins C to a certain limit. Topical C can increase the amount 20-fold. Vitamin C has been chosen by evolution as the main protector of the watery portions of your body. It´s the only antioxidant that directly can stimulate fibroblasts to synthesize new collagen and it brightens skin by moderating epidermal melanin. Pairing it with vitamin E equals greater protection (SPF 4). Adding ferulic acid can double that to an SPF 8.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think the best vitamin C serum is the DIY recipes that Kassy has so generously shared. The absolute best and to top it off, it ends up being very cheap!!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
just ordered all the ingredients today. Can't wait to give it a try.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes I've noticed brighter and smoother skin since using it for around 9 months.

Vitamin C is naturally found in skin and gets depleted in daylight. If you don´t use topical C you will have less than optimal amounts in your skin. Oral supplementation can only increase skins C to a certain limit. Topical C can increase the amount 20-fold. Vitamin C has been chosen by evolution as the main protector of the watery portions of your body. It´s the only antioxidant that directly can stimulate fibroblasts to synthesize new collagen and it brightens skin by moderating epidermal melanin. Pairing it with vitamin E equals greater protection (SPF 4). Adding ferulic acid can double that to an SPF 8.
Thanks!

Sounds good, maybe I'll have to give it a try.. Thanks for the link too!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks both of ya. going to check them out. Fawni, I am a male so no make up but i do use both of those as active ingedients in my daily sun block so i am unsure if that would apply to me also?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
O sorry LOL, I didn't check before saying that. Here is some other info about Hyaluronic acid and SS:

[quote from Skincarecentral.biz]
"Here are a few tips for sunscreen application:
*Experiment with which actives will work well underneath your sunscreen. Some actives with a lot of hyaluronic acid in them may cause the sunscreen to "ball up." I find the 25% Vitamin C serum is great underneath my sunscreen and causes no problems. If your skincare serums cause balling, just use them at night instead.
*Try mixing a bit of a tinted sunscreen with your regular sunscreen if you find it tends to leave a white cast
*Apply to one area of your face at a time and blend in well.
*Give the sunscreen a few minutes to dry if necessary.
*Use the palms of your hands to pat down your face after applying sunscreen. Do NOT use oil blotting paper as you will remove the active sunscreen ingredients!
*Do NOT apply makeup that contains physical sunscreen (TIO2 or ZIO2) as an active ingredient as these will inactive the Avobenzone in your European sunscreen.
*Most powders will mattify your sunscreen quite nicely. You may find a loose powder works better."
It gets a little confusing as you can see!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Thanks both of ya. going to check them out. Fawni, I am a male so no make up but i do use both of those as active ingedients in my daily sun block so i am unsure if that would apply to me also?
I just want to say, I think it is awesome you are on here looking for advice on skincare, good for you!!! Don't tell your friends your secrets either when they ask why your skin is looking so nice-

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Hey put your gender in your profile or they will just assume your are one of us, .........female-

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks, I am at a place with a ton going on for me so for the time being, i am better off bying if it is reasonable in price can someone recommend a quality Vitamin C that would be very reasonable in price and can I get it on ebay/amazon or please let me know the best site 4 price.

I appreciate all the guidance & data I am getting from you all.

Also thank u Peri 4 the topical skin web site I found it informative. guess i have a lot of reading to do.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Well, you can usually find SkinCeuticals C+E ferulic (the gold standard in C serums) on eBay. The sample vials are pretty cheap and you can keep it fresh better that way (little vials rather that one big vial open to the air). Keep it cold and dark and it shouldn't oxidize too rapidly. I would start with the 10% solution, and work up to a 20% solution after a couple months. Otherwise, too irritating and you'll hate it.

One word of caution with it though: for some reason the mfr makes it a yellow solution so that you really can't tell if it is fresh or oxidized. C turns yellow when it oxidizes. Sneaky of them.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by emilyfulton7878

dont they have any side effects?
my skin is sensitive...
i want to use them too but i would like to know first its side effects...
thanks...

The most common side effect is stinging of the skin. This usually happens in the higher percentage serums and often goes away or lessens with continued use.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts