Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to gain about 10-15 pounds. I want to look nice and toned.
Any suggestions or tips on how to do it?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Lucky you, it is always easier to gain than lose weight. I think you should focus on a high carb mixed with some protein and good fats so it can be good weight, not sloppy weight-balanced meals. Eating more frequently.So don't try to gain it from junk food, it is uhealthy and will give you that sloppy look,lol. Doing a weight train regimen to tone you out and increase muscle size.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wish I had that problem (LOL). You need to eat more carbs, and eat more frequently throughout the day.

Hope his helps.

cheers
g

·
Registered
14 Posts
Eat healthy dessert!

·
Registered
267 Posts
People who don't have this problem don't realize how difficult it is to gain weight. I know because I was extremely thin as a young woman and tried everything imaginable to gain weight. When I got married I weighed 89 lbs (I'm 5'2"). I weigh more now but that has more to do with "maturity" than anything else. Good carbs, good fats and protein are definitely a must. I would also do some weight bearing exercises to create some muscle mass and definition.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Don't forget exercise, as well. Builds muscle and definition.
More calories - perhaps additional whole grains and/or fruits. Smoothies are good.

Holidays are the BEST time too! Go ahead -- indulge.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Gaining weight has never been a problem for me, but if it was,........ I would eat chocolate donuts for breakfast, I would have a hamburger and french fries for lunch and I would eat ice cream every night with lots of chocolate syrup-

·
Registered
224 Posts
There actually is a science behind the "type" of weight you want to gain...if its "fat" weight, mix carbs and fhigh fat foods and to gain ,you have to eat more in a day then you burn off...if its "lean" weight you want...lift weights (low reps, higher weight) ,less cardio, eat quality lean protein and whole grain carbs in addition to your daily veggies and fruit. Eat every 3 hours and protein before bed.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Eat lots of sugar/sugar containing foods, carbohydrates and drink lots of full fat milk!
I wish I had to gain weight rather than lose weight! ...SNIF...

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Eat lots of sugar/sugar containing foods, carbohydrates and drink lots of full fat milk!
I wish I had to gain weight rather than lose weight! ...SNIF...
Won't that put on fat tho? Not to mention overloading your liver and causing pimples, bad skin, tooth decay, fatigue, constipation....what about building healthy muscle instead?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
euw, maybe book an appintment with your GP ask to be reffered to a dietiscian nutritionist to assess you eating patterns. they will suggest what you can do to add healthy weight.

one top tip i have is... eat porridge with full fat milk every day for breakfast it will definitely add weight. but as a low GI food it isnt bad for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You are so lucky! Eating before you sleep is definitely helpful if you're trying to put weight on as your body burns energy/fats whilst you sleep.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts