Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if any of you have any true techniques on getting rid of these things once and for good...

I've had them since I was about 13, now at the age of 21 and I have to be in the public spotlight due to my job (and of course i'd like to get rid of them anyways), but there's no better reason then knowing you'll be photographed on a regular basis!

My nose is absolutely covered in them, I've tried benzoyl peroxide, pore strips, squeezing them out, etc.. They come out, then reform in like a week all the while my nose will be red for that time...

Anyone know any good techniques? Would exfoliation of the nose help to renew the skin and get rid of the holes after a 'blackhead removal session' ?

Thanks for any help! I can't get used to these, i want them gone!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I dont think there is a way to get rid of them 100% since the oil glands in the nose are not going anywhere and still produce oil regardless of what you do to the surface. Over treating your skin can stimulate them into making matters worse and making more oil! Don't use really hot water either. Have you tried clay masks? I have used Mario Badescu Silver powder which is bascially a white calcium carbonate powder that sits on the skin for 10 minutes and helps to absorb some of the oil and make them look a lot less.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Can this be hereditary? I have had this same problem since puberty, no matter what I use to cleanse my pores, I even used the strips that go over the nose and nothing helped clear them out. I was told that they were black heads, and if I pinch and squeeze my nose tightly the bacteria will ooze out...I know it's really gross but it's true. I dont want them to turn into potholes on my face when I get older. Even the clay masks didnt clear them out, but they would clear the rest of my face though.

Anything else that will work? Should I go to a derm or spa to see if they can effectively treat them?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
You can use this solution from thevitamincure.com to slowly decrease and cut down excess oil production of your nose and then get the salicylic acid exfoliator 5% liquid from skincarecentral.biz to exfoliate away the dead skin cells and decongest the pores and dissolve hard sebum.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
881 Posts
You can use this solution from thevitamincure.com to slowly decrease and cut down excess oil production of your nose and then get the salicylic acid exfoliator 5% liquid from skincarecentral.biz to exfoliate away the dead skin cells and decongest the pores and dissolve hard sebum.

whats the solution from thevitamin cure?

·
Registered
51 Posts
^^

HaHa! There you have it then. I love true results!

But, but, it says "instantly!"

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Nose pore strips cause pimples to occur on my nose and they leave scars too unfortunately!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nose pore strips cause pimples to occur on my nose and they leave scars too unfortunately!
Oh my!

I feel that different people definately have different reactions to a specific product.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My best friend who has the same issue recently bought the Clarisonic brush. Its pretty pricey but definitely ot rid of hers and her skin looks absolutely amazing. I have one too and I gotta tell you its really great. You can get it at sephora nov 12 till nov 15 for 20% off woth a VIB code. Or anything for that matter.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Try a Chemical peel to exfoliate your skin and unclog pores. Try salicylic acid in a low percentage because it's strong! Also use non-clogging products, it should say non-comedogenic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you use a toner? It closes up your pores after you cleansed/scrubbed so that makeup stays put at the surface of the skin and doesn't go deep into the pores to clog them right back. My blackheads are getting better with use of self heating mask that unclogs the pores, then I tone and use a vitamin based moisturizer.
My understanding is that squeezing blackheads and zits will loosen your skin and makes it lose its elasticity, so I wouldn't do that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've also always had trouble getting rid of blackheads and the strips seemed to be helping me for a while... I even got a facial geared to get rid of them and it worked, but then after a couple of weeks they were back again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts