Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I take it you have oily skin, wash with a mild cleanser and a facial brush- (even one of those cheap electric spin toothbrushes are great) morning and night then a mild toner and a none greasy or oil based sunscreen. If you look through previous threads there is an "aspirin" mask that just may help you as well.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
For acne, I would suggest go FOR products containing tea tree oil as this oil is both anti-septic and anti-fungal. Use soap-free face wash and an alcohol-free toner as these will not irritate your skin. Use a good face clay mask once a week. This will absorb excess oils from face, tighten pores, and improve your complexion. You can customise your mask by adding a few drops of tea tree oil or lavender oil as these will help lessen the redness from acne and help it heal faster.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mony tell me more about this asprin mask!? Sounds interesting! I have oily skin as well, I have my acne under control for the most part.

I use Revision Skincare's Brightening wash, soothing facial rinse (toner), and hydrating serum. I also apply cosmetic acidic water to my face 2x daily between wash and toner. The water you can get at any beauty supply. Revision products are usually only dispensed by physicians or a salon who has a physician on call.

Its the best regimine Ive ever had. I also put a scoop of sugar in my hand along with the face was about twice a week to make it more exfoliating.

DO NOT USE PROACTIVE!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ive had acne for ages and tried most things, I recently had a skin consultation where I was told to stop using a scrub everyday and using glycolic and salicylic acid once a week as I was over stimulating my skin. I reluctantly stopped and my skin has improved. So I would recommend only using a scrub twice a week and an acid OR microdermabrasion every other week. And just using a gentle wash every morning and night.

The acne hasn't completely gone but its an improvement.

Body shop actually do a Vit C micro refiner which is relatively cheap and really really good.

I also recommend a really good night cream. The only two I have found that work were boots No7 protect and perfect night cream. and Clarins active night cream prevention plus. Both are designed for aging skin i think but are packed full of nice things that help repair your skin!

Also WATER and VITAMINS!

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi,
can any one suggest me how to care acne in a proper way..
Another tip (apart from gentle cleansing, toner and exfoliant mentioned before), is to use a topical disinfectant. It will effectively kill the acne-causing bacteria. Ask your chemist for a cream with BENZOYL PEROXIDE, such as PanOxyl 2.5%. It's the one I use, it works well for me and is very cheap (+ it's available OTC...)!

Another option is a cream with a retinoid, such as Retin-A. This can be obtained through your doctor if it is appropriate for you...

Good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
My solution is: Take Yolk (Yellow part) of an egg and apply it directly on the skin. Let it get dry and rinse after 15-20 minutes. This process should be repeated 2-3 times a week.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep, products containing tea tree oil are very good for spots, I have mixed skin type, and I've been using Tea tree & Witch hazel facial cleanser now for few months, and it does keep my skin a bit more clear and spot free.

I also use lavender toner, it wipes off extra make and dirt excess, and works as a antibacterial and anti-inflammatory 'finishing product' after washing my face.. And lavender smells lovely too!

These are things which my help acne, but if it doesn't start to calm down with home remedies, maybe ask help from your dermatologist..

Take care!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My solution is: Take Yolk (Yellow part) of an egg and apply it directly on the skin. Let it get dry and rinse after 15-20 minutes. This process should be repeated 2-3 times a week.
a bit wasteful here....

do you mean can keep the yolk and use 3 times that week???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mony tell me more about this asprin mask!? Sounds interesting! I have oily skin as well, I have my acne under control for the most part.

I use Revision Skincare's Brightening wash, soothing facial rinse (toner), and hydrating serum. I also apply cosmetic acidic water to my face 2x daily between wash and toner. The water you can get at any beauty supply. Revision products are usually only dispensed by physicians or a salon who has a physician on call.

Its the best regimine Ive ever had. I also put a scoop of sugar in my hand along with the face was about twice a week to make it more exfoliating.

DO NOT USE PROACTIVE!
I cannot find the cosmetic acidic water anywhere...is it under a certain name?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I consulted a dermatologist and this is what i have been prescribed....by the way,i have moderate acne.....
1.Doxy T(100 mg) one tablet every day.....
2.Faceclin which is a topical cream,kills acne causing bacteria.
3.A Calamine lotion containing aloe vera,dimethicone which soothes the acne and rashes caused by it.... I have been using these for the past 21 days....and i must say,it's working very well....The doc asked me to do this for 2 months and all my acne will be gone.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts