Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using this antioxidant serum from a company that I'd never heard of until recently- Bija Body, for a while now. I like the consistency and the smell is great. But I can't find a lot of reviews for it online. How do you guys feel about these ingredients?

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Fragrance (natural isolate blend), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Honey, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (non-gmo) Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stable Vit. C), Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Helianthus Anuus (Sunflower) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract Tocopherols, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate

It's super lightweight and sinks in fast, but is not drying at all. I use the lotion and the hand treatment, too. The lotion I reserve for PM use or on areas like my upper arms that need a bit more moisture in the AM. It also sinks in- it's not deeply moisturizing, but it gets the job done.

This is the lotion ingredient list:

Water, Coconut Alkanes, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter(Fair-Trade), Glyceryl Stearate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane (Turmeric Extract), Myristoyl pentapeptide-11, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-8, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Honey (Organic), Panthenol (Vit. B), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E), Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Stearic Acid, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Sodium Levulinate, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid

And the hand treatment list:

Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Water, Beeswax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Fair-Trade), Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Honey (Organic), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract (Algea), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Portulaca Pilosa Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Ascorbic Acid, Stearic Acid (Veg. Base), Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Tribehenin, Glyceryl Behenate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoat, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sucrose Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol

I really like the hand treatment.

All of these, I apply after my shower and they seem to do -something- for my skin. I could swear they're giving my skin a more smooth appearance.

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
Hi Ciao, is it oily?? It contains lots of oils and extracts. Bet it smells nice..........I have never heard of this brand but will look it up :type:

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
Well, I don't see any products for the face, ......I found a body serum serum and a body treatment.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's kind of interesting because literally just after I posted this, they announced that they were closing up shop. A shame, but I suppose I can keep up my search for a nice product for the body to use under my SS.

I'm using PC's Retinol lotion with antioxidants in the evening. I'm slightly weary about using it in the AM because of its sun sensitising ingredients, but it does also contain a lot of antioxidants, so I might consider it for daytime usage.

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
It's kind of interesting because literally just after I posted this, they announced that they were closing up shop. A shame, but I suppose I can keep up my search for a nice product for the body to use under my SS.  I'm using PC's Retinol lotion with antioxidants in the evening. I'm slightly weary about using it in the AM because of its sun sensitising ingredients, but it does also contain a lot of antioxidants, so I might consider it for daytime usage. 
Oh that's a shame.......I wonder why they are closing. I hate to hear that, especially for small businesses. It that market there is probably so much competition. I have used a few of PC products I think they are decent and priced well. I haven't used any of her Retinol products.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts