Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard of this stuff and seen it in the stores, has anyone used it on their face for acne scars? I have alot of uneven skin tone and scars...was wondering what peoples experiences were....thanks!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi In love, save your money! it doesn't do anything, for the price of two bottles you can get something that really works. - myself for scars ( i'm accident prone so I have several!) I use La roche Posay Mela -D, it has kojic acid to fade the scar and glycolic acid to peel the bad cells. For me it's working pretty good on all the uneven scars on my knees, and feet, arms.

·
Registered
909 Posts
And don't even think of using bio oil if you have active acne.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hi In love, save your money! it doesn't do anything, for the price of two bottles you can get something that really works. - myself for scars ( i'm accident prone so I have several!) I use La roche Posay Mela -D, it has kojic acid to fade the scar and glycolic acid to peel the bad cells. For me it's working pretty good on all the uneven scars on my knees, and feet, arms.
Hi Mony,

Have you used La roche posay mela- D for freckles or age spots? Is it effective?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I don't know I guess it would be because of those two acids- I threw away the boxe, I just remember it stating it could diminish scars. BUt I bept it would work.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Thanks for your reply
I will give it a try then. I have some stubborn age spots which I want to get rid of!

·
Registered
256 Posts
i dont use bio oil my my face because i have a oily face. but i do use bio oil on my body! i used the original and the generic kind! it works on new scars i dont know about old scars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
BIO oil. I've tried using this because i have a big scar in my legs yet nothing happened. I was applying it for a month or so but it really never worked for me.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
ditto ive never noticed any difference on scars. i think other oils are better such as emu or rose.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Perhaps it would be more accurate to mention what type of scars?
Mine is depressed scars and nothing works except dermabrasion improves slightly. But it makes my skin more sensitive so i stopped it.
If keloid scars, then can try intra-lesional steroid injection.
Laser is quite popular these years but i have no gut to try yet..

·
Registered
4 Posts
the lightening skin care set from herbal mineral works for me. I can see lightening on my scars for about 2 weeks of daily use. the skin care set contains kojic acid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having great success to treat my depressed scars. I'm using Tazorac, EpidermxII microdermabrasion cream and Silkia camelia oil. It's been exactly a year since I started using them through the recommendation of a friend who has had great results herself. My scars are no way as deep as before and a few of the tiny ones are filled in.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I've heard of this stuff and seen it in the stores, has anyone used it on their face for acne scars? I have alot of uneven skin tone and scars...was wondering what peoples experiences were....thanks!
I still have an almost full bottle I bought a year ago. It didn't do anything for me.
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...=&ItemId=50602
makeupalley.com had some ok reviews on it tho.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts