Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,

How's it going? Just discovered this site and I wanted to weigh in my output. I have used atleast 4 different skin lightening creams within the last year.

I remember using Bioclaire a while ago which seemed to be working wonders initially. However, the moment I stopped using it (after I ran out after a few months), within days, my skin started coming back to it's original colour. After a few weeks, it seemed to be getting darker than usual. Maybe, it was just me because I was getting used to the lighter skin. But, I do remember not applying sunblock while going out, which may have been a contributing factor.

There was another skin cream I started using later on. It was called Makari or something. I do remember it caused me to breakout big time within 2 weeks. Probably my worst investment

After this, I gave my skin a good 2 month break and then started using this cream called Gluta-C. Now, this cream actually worked. It lightened me a good 3 shades which evened it out nicely with my body. It took around 3 weeks to actually see results. And I have maintained it by applying sunblock. It's such a pain in the a** though. One of their jars lasted 2-3 months.

I'm now using Hydroquinone 4% from Skin TX. I can't review it yet because it's only been 2 weeks. I'll keep you people updated if any changes start to develop.

BTW, if you people have any questions about the products I have mentioned, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Tripodstud! Welcome to the forum. Your experiences with Bioclaire & Makari echo those of so many people here who tried these products & experienced the same disappointment. Esp with Makari since it is so costly for such small QTY's. 4% HQ along with RA in either 0.05% or 0.1% seems to be giving the most people the best results. I'm experimenting with home compounding & while the compounds have proven surprisingly stable, it is too soon to pronounce as to whether they are absorbing well enough to lighten well. they are producing excellent & consistant exfoliation, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts