Skin Care Talk banner

Biore Strips making my pores worse?

11K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  jen 
#1 ·
I have a question. I used to use the Biore Nose Strips to "pull" the dirt from my pores before cleansing. I've noticed lately though that the pores on my nose as well as the area betweent the nose and cheeks (that's why I think it's the strips) are larger and well seen. I havent used the strips for a while and I'm afraid now that they may have actually made my pores LARGER and defined on my face.

Has anyone else had this happen and any suggestions for closing them? Thanks.

#5 ·
Once you have pores its hard to avoid blackheads especially if you have oily skin, thats why I was told that its okay to scrub only my nose and chin everyday to keep it clean, you can get like a professional skin peel to renew the skin and close porse for a while.

#6 ·
yeah... those strips are actually not so great for your skin...

you DO get some blackheads out in a obvious way and it is kinda entertaining to see them on a strip BUT you shuld STOP right now!!!
it is damaging your skin

gentle cleansing your face with creamy soap or use natural peeling. they can eliminate blackheads in a gentle way! wash your face constantly and your pores will gradually get smaller!

#8 ·
I tried this stips ages ago when I did actually have a blackhead (its normally white-heads I get) but they didn't work! all they seemed to do was yank out a few hairs and some dead skin cells from pores, but nothing that made any difference when I looked in the mirror. Don't think the forceful approach is normally a good one- skin seems so delicate and the last thing I want to do is pull at it- so I would go with what the above have said, the strips are better being replaced with soap and a facial scrub.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.