Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helou girls!

When you stopped taking birth control pills did you lose weight? I mean did you start to lose weight automatically without actually trying to lose weight?

I'm asking because I'm silly and I'm hoping to lose some weight by finishing my pills, I've heard that people have lost 5-10kg after stopping their pills..

So I'm being very hopeful here!
I have lost about 1,5kg suddenly, but maybe i just started unconsciously watch what I'm eating!

Tell me what were your experience if you're ever been in the same situation!

·
Registered
316 Posts
The only time I noticed weight loss after discontinuing birth control was when I stopped getting Depo shots. The Depo shot made me gain 30 pounds, I later lost the 30 pounds with diet and exercise but it did NOT just 'drop off'. They now have many low-dose bc pills that do not cause weight gain, such as Yaz.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing your experience!

What's a Depo shot..?

I took Mercilon pills for about 3 years, I discontinued them just few weeks ago, they didn't actually made me gain weight, at least I don't think they caused anything, but I wanted to finish them anyway from other reasons, and I thought maybe I'll lose some weight as well.. Let's see what happens..
Trying to be a good girl anyway

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I was on the pill when I was about 15 and put on tons of weight, I found out recently though that my friend is on a very light pill, apparently this pill does not make you put on any weight or anything, i have forgotten the name of it now, but I can find out the name of it for you!

I never lost any weight though without trying when i came off the pill, unfortunatly!

However though my sister developed slight acne when coming off the pill!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
go for the IUD!! It lasts for 10 years, I LOVED it. Didn't gain a pound and lost 12 when I had it removed-

·
Registered
316 Posts
Eeek the IUD always scared me a little but seems convenient. But you have to have had at least 1 child for that, right? I don't think they'll put it in anyone that hasn't had kids (like me).

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Really? You like it rat? I bled like a....well you get the picture....the whole time I had it. Cramps like crazy! I hated mine and couldn't wait to get it removed, which hurt so bad I cried!

There are so many many BC pills out today that a good OB/GYN can find just the right one for you depending on your concerns.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Yep, I LOVED it. So easy. Didn't have to remember to take a pill or when to not take a pill. Didn't hurt having it put in or removed.

Yes, I did bleed like the dickens, and have the usual cramps. But I still do, even with it being removed 7 years ago.

You know good question, about not being able too have and IUD because you haven't had a baby yet. I am not really sure, to be honest. Its funny, you would ask that because my Dr wouldn't tie my tubes when I wanted him too and convinced me to have the IUD. As if I was going to change my mind when I said "I wanted NO MORE CHILDREN!!!" Husband got snipped instead-

But yes, I truly did like the IUD.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
There are so many many BC pills out today that a good OB/GYN can find just the right one for you depending on your concerns.[/QUOTE]

Having a good doctor who knows what he or she is talking about is always a great bonus!

Which is why I really like my gyno!

However things like the coil etc Ah I would never have done, most of my friends said how painful contreceptives like these are! Which is enough for wimpy old me, to get put off from having anything like this done! Actually I dont think I know any one who uses any sort of internal contreception apart from the pill really, um!

Putting on though so much weight when i first went on the pill though, even though it was so so many years ago is what put me off going back on the pill again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts