Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know it sounds daft, but I am asking a group of complete strangers here for advice on something that for me is a very tricky and personal subject to approach.

My problem is that I have an exercise problem: my excercise has become obsessive and compulsive and I need some advice on cutting down.

I have n't seen my friends for 2 years since this all started (yes really!) and can't seem to cut back on what I do without getting afraid of any weight gain and doing more to compensate- thus kicking myself up a notch and meaning I do more the next week. Its a vicious cycle.

I need to cut down but don't know what is a safe aim without feeling like I haven't done enough- that I think is mainly in my head. I always feel I like should do more, so cutting back I get a double dose of that. I am clueless as to where to start. What do I cut down on, and how much? is there a level like 10% or 1 hour out of every 10 that I could follow? does anyone have any links or ideas? my main worry is the weight gain. But I also don't want to lose my stamina or fitness as well as sense of achievement.

(Just to add, I have already seen my GP who is hopeless anyway but advised I "just stop then").

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I think you should consider seeing a PSYCHOLOGIST. This sounds a lot like an endorphine addiction or like a form of an obssessive compulsive disorder. It is easy to say stop but your body and compulsions are not letting you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts