Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lots of blackhead on my nose and chin and no matter what i do i cant get rid of them.

I look after my skin very well and i use nose strips and Priori perfection face gel [which is made to get really deep into your pores].

Is there anything else i can do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I am new to this site and wanted to share my experiences on what has worked for me and what hasnt.
I use to struggle with blackheads since I was a teen. I tried everything and the only thing that has worked for me is 2%BHA Liquid Solution by an online company called Paula's Choice.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You might not be exfoliating enough. Are you using an exfoliator twice a week? Dead skin cells mixed with excess oil is a recipe for blackheads.
Don't let your skin get too dry, either. This just signals it to produce more oil.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The best way to get rid of blackheads is to remove the cause and those are excessive oil and dead skin cells. Use only products made with natural ingredients that are not too astringent. Harsh products can strip the skin of oil, causing it to produce more sebum which leads to more blocked pores.

Don't be afraid of using cleansing products containing natural oils, such as jojoba or coconut oil to cleanse the skin. These oils are close to our natural oils, so they don't block the pores. Use a gentle exfoliating mask such as Miessence's Gentle Exfoliant every day to remove dead skin cells so they don't block pores. Just remember to be very gentle, over exfoliation can exacerbate the problem.

Avoid products containing the following: alcohol, isopropyl mystate, lanolin, sodium lauryl sulphate, sodium laureth sulphate, propylene glycol, mineral oil and parabens. And to help reduce the occurrence of blackheads, eat the right kinds of foods as this will reduce sebum production, increase good moisture in the skin and help the production of new skin cells. Avoid cooked carbohydrates and fats, replace these with fresh fruits, vegetables and raw fats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My husband has lots of blackheads on his nose and it felt like hairs on his nose. It is disgusting. I gave him the scrub I regularly use for my face and it has cleared a lot of black heads. However, the exfoliator could not uproot them and make the nose clean. He would not do anything that would take a time. Do you know any product which I can put on his nose and would not have to do anything after that or something he can do in the shower. Thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My best weapon against blackheads: The Face Shop Black Head EX Nose Clay Mask. Spread it on your nose, let it dry and peel. Better than Biore. They're on Ebay or maybe a Korean supermarket near you. Smells a bit strong but works great.

I also found a DIY recipe for a gelatin mask on the internet which I used for quite awhile all over my face til I discovered the nose clay mask above.

1. Mix a teaspoon of Knox gelatin powder with a teaspoon and a half of milk (I used 2%).
2. Heat in the microwave for 10 seconds.
3. While it's still warm (not hot) spread over your nose, cheeks or wherever you have blackheads.
4. Let it dry till it gets tight on your face, maybe 15-20 minutes.
5. Peel off from the bottom and pull up.

It's a tricky recipe because you have to put the stuff on while it's still warm (don't burn yourself). If it cools then you can't spread it on your face. Sometimes the gelatin mask could be too thick or thin depending on how dry the gelatin powder is or how long it's microwaved.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I saw a video on YouTube where a girl used school glue (which I'm pretty sure is the same stuff we call PVA over here) to make a pore strip. She put a thin layer over her nose, waited for it to dry, then peeled it off and it took all the gunk out with it. I've yet to try it (can't find my glue but I know I have some somewhere!) but it sounds like it's worth a try.

I don't know if it'd work for the deeper ones though, with smaller heads, if you get what I mean. I have those all over my chin; exfoliating gets rid of blackheads anywhere else, but the ones on my chin are lumpy and don't seem to come out at all

·
Registered
120 Posts
You need an extractor, it cost 10 bucks. It will remove your black heads. See, black head doesn't just go away after treatment, they can come back without proper maintaince. It get the deeps once out without leaving a scar.
What you need to do
get an extractor, good deep cleansing face wash, towel, big bowl peppermint oil.
. Wash over face then use some moisturizer to make sure face isn't tight.
.in big bowl put very steamy hot water, drop a few droplet of peppermint oil and then put towel over the head with face close to water but not touching. Stay for 5-10 or till u feel you face feels loose and ready. Use the extractor over area with blackhead by pressing it on. After a few sec u should see you blackhead coming out. When u are done removing, wash face with anti bacteria face soap like acne wash. Then Get cold water in over hands and put ur face in it to close ur pore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts