Skin Care Talk banner

21 - 40 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
OKAY Black Haitian Castor Oil is excellent!!!!

Use it as a hot oil treatment.
Apply it once weekly from root to tips warm. Then cover with a cap and sit for 30min. Rinse off after with warm water then style.

Or you can apply regularly from root to tips. Then cover with a cap and sit under a Hood Dryer for 30min. Rinse with warm water then style.

I promise that in 3 months you will have amazing results!!!!

OKAY Black Haitian Castor Oil comes in a 4oz size so you might need 2 bottles to last for 3 months..

--Goldieee

·
Registered
149 Posts
nothing will make hair grow 2 inches a month or more than it is genetically despositioned to. btw..there is this book called the science of black hair that came out recently...i haven't read it myself but its on my wishlist...it's got some good reviews though from hair gurus...btw
i think checking out kimmaytube's channel on youtube will help for a lot of ppl....or the book i talked about...itll give you all the facts from start to end about our hair...

·
Registered
132 Posts
^Longhaircareforum really sums everything up nicely for free if one is patient and willing to dig (much like what one has to do on this forum). I've never become a member, but it has helped me immensely. My hair has thrived from the wealth of info there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honestly to make your hair look longer you should try this product called Zelo, my girlfriend that has afro type hair got it and it has made her hair look amazing and longer! I think this could really work for you!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I started my haircare journey 3months ago. Watched a lot of videos on youtube about how to grow black hair faster and longer. I tried a LOT of things (both natural and products). Now i have a hair care regimen. It's not the product, it's the Technic that makes your hair grow. 1st you have to drink 1L of water per day and work out as often as possible. 2nd you have to co-wash you hair every week and do shampoo+condi every two weeks. I used ''Aphogee'' for the shampoo it made my hair stronger ! Now i use Keracare (it's also good). I put coconut oil+argan oil on damp hair after shampoo. I bought ''shima oil'' you can google it, it's a good thing. I also use ''wild growth oil'' my hair grow thicker with it but not longer...You have to try as much as possible and see what is good for you. If you have questions, message me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi

Please i need help.my hair is very thin and very soft and any time i try to relaxer it after i wash it it be come natual again.So please i am looking for a good relaxer,shamoo,canditioner and the rest.that well make my hair long,prem,thinker and strong.please help.thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi

Please i need help.my hair is very thin and very soft and any time i try to relaxer it after i wash it it be come natual again.So please i am looking for a good relaxer,shamoo,canditioner and the rest.that well make my hair long,prem,thinker and strong.please help.thanks
there is no such thing as a relaxer, shampoo, conditioner that will make you hair longer and stronger or thicker...in actual fact, a relaxer actually technically makes your hair weaker by breaking the disulfide bonds within it hence relaxing the coil/curl of your hair. from that point, you would have to emaculately maintain not only the condition of your hair (low heat, low manipulation, protein regime) but also look out for the health of your scalp.

anyway...the length of your hair will largely be determined by your choice of maintainence, whilst its terminal length (longest your hair will be if it didn't break off), thickness, coarseness etc... will be determined by your genetics

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi

Newbie Here!

loveevlon, it seems to me that your hair maybe overprocesssed. It sounds exactly like my hair a few years ago.

What I had to do is stop the relaxing completely. I know that's easier said than done, but if you can do that, deep conditioning, oil treatments, low/no manipulation (buns, braids, weaves), and gradually trim until the old overprocessed hair is gone.

My hair is now Armpit length, and I my hair is 4a, and healthier than ever.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi

In my opinion, your techniques and regimen matter more than your products, though products are important. How often do you relax your hair? How often do you wash it? Do you brush it regularly? Do you use moisturizer or leave-in?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Anything worked? I have tried Megatek etc but my hair wont grow! Currently taking MSN & I want to know what else can work or has worked dramatically for you!
I'd say try going natural. Black hair is very fragile and weak and requires extreme attention. Chemicals only make it worse. Our hair breaks so much due to chemicals. so it grows, but won't retain length due to breakage.

Trust me, I'm a natural. And what I've noticed since being natural is that our hair is most strongest and liable to retain length is when it's in its natural state.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Btw does anyone know where to get genuine brazilian/peruvian hair weaves ideally in London, there are so many fakes its tiring. I have a v special holiday in October and looking for fantastic no expense spared hair weaves beyonce quality.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Monistat or Neosporin (athlete foot formula, forgot the name) in the turquoise tube (same ingredients)...hands down!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have somali hair but it still takes time to grow. My hair for some reason tends to grow very fast like an inch a month but I think it's due to the indian hair oils I use like Dabur Amla. I've been using it since I was very little!

21 - 40 of 129 Posts