Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i've had this patch of dark blackhead-like skin on the side of my nose for years now and i'm trying to get rid of it; i've tried facial cleansers and biore nose strips and none seem to work. are there any solutions to it?

thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thermal treatment might be useful for this type of blackhead, but you can also try some home remedies. The best one I suggest which is totally harmless and very easy to follow is: during bathing rub your fingertips on the sides of your nose (and other affected areas) for a few minutes. This clears away blackheads as the skin is very soft during bathing and most of the bacteria and dirt comes out by this action.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi

thank you for your response; is there other home remedies that gets rid of these kinds of blackheads? i've tried that remedy before;

also, is there anything i should avoid in my diet? i eat a lot of rice/bread which i've read is bad for me because they are refined carbohydrates; am i to avoid that, spicy foods, fried stuff and eat salad only?

thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't think diet has anything to do with blackhead formation. Blackheads are a kind of acne which can be cleared out by applying rub-on treatments but this only provides a temporary solution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, i've had this patch of dark blackhead-like skin on the side of my nose for years now and i'm trying to get rid of it; i've tried facial cleansers and biore nose strips and none seem to work. are there any solutions to it?

thanks
Many over the counter products dont work. And the ones that do, are not for acneic skin. The key is using the right ph balanced cleanser.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too had the same problem a lady told me to get 10% sulfur ointment I did but be carefully use lightly it can burn some but those nasty black and white heads are gone from my nose and cheeks first time in years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts