Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I use to avoid getting the blackheads on my nose back? About every 8 week I visit my dermatologist, but after a few days the black heads are back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi there,
- Exfoliate your skin regularly with a scrub or a product with salicylic acid
and
- Use a tretinoin cream like Retin-A (better go for 0.05%) at night to keep

I hope this will help :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use muslin cloth while washing my face with cleanser. I noticed blackheads are lesser then when i dont use it at all.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Using a microfiber cloth can help lift out blackheads along with a facial mask treatment that will help draw out impurities and bring them to the surface.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Exfoliating, chemical peels, and basically drinking lots of water will definitely help you keep the blackheads away much longer. Still I find acne diet systems to be the most effective way to get rid of acne.

By changing certain things in your diet, and drinking lots of water, you will be able to keep your pimples and acne away for good. When I suggest acne diets, I do not mean drink only water and eat salads kind of diet... These diets just tell you what kind of foods to stay away from, or moderate.

Stop drinking milk and any and all dairy products. With that alone you'll see a great improvement. Foods that are great for your skin include, fruits and vegetables, organic products, and non-processed items. Hope this can help keep them from reoccurring.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the same problem of blackheads on my nose & chin. I use a mandelic acid serum @ nighttime and in the morning use this brush thingy in the shower with my usual cleanser. (Revision Skincare Brightening Facial Wash) The steam from the shower helps to soften blackheads and slightly open pores.

Item Not Found

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
huh? 20 bucks for 2 ounce of liquid that lasts 2 months is expensive? AHA wont do anything for blackheads but you could try Paulas Choice 2% BHA but thats 20 bucks too or another option is ADC's salicylic acid 6% gel. Remember, CREAMS dont help dissolve blackheads but gels, liquids, and some oils do.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
have you tried steaming your nose very well until its sort and the pores are noticeably open then gently just squeezing them out? thats a lot cheaper than those expensive biore strips which sometimes leave a red mark on sensitive skin.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
139 Posts
I used salicylic acid 5% liquid exfoliator from skincarecentral.biz, it got rid of them completely
i will try this for my blackheads as well..

my nostrils are a bit red, i guess it might have something to do with the blackheads?? does anyone suffer from the same thing?

any ideas on how to fix this?

·
Registered
881 Posts
hi krazylove =D

i have medium pores(blackheads) on my nose and smaller ones on cheeks and forehead. i also have combo skin that is sensitive

some top tips to keep black heads small,microscopic and !clear!!these are some effective things that iv been doing:

*use baby tooth brush on face, use in small circular motion with a cream cleanser. this is so great!! you will notice a difference with first use on your troublesome pores. go gentle and lite. should only take about 1-2 min. do this 3-4 times a week or as often as you need.

*biore strips! for optimum use every time, steam your face before use!! then immediately apply the strip. you want the strip pretty wet ,take a moist hot wash cloth and press it against the area with biore strip. it may need more time to dry, give it time if it needs, sometimes mine stays on for 15-20 min for complete dryness. remove strip slowww. they make them for forehead also and you can cut them to costume your trouble areas. i use them as often as 1 time a week

*Acne Pore Minimizer by Makeupartistchoice- this product is really great for tightening your pores up

Beta hydroxy serum(Salicylic Acid)-i did my first beta hydroxy serum setting last night, it sits on face for 5-8 min then you rinse it off. supposed to help acniec,oily,clogged pores

but yeah keeping up with this type of pores sucks.. with i could do this all one time and they would be clean for everrrr =)

oh yeah one last thing! http://cure4spots.files.wordpress.co...pushers-29.jpg this removes black heads & white heads by putting pressure on the surrounding area, pushing the black head out. i use this when i see very visible pores on my face. now.. idk if this device is bad because sometimes i think that it may push the bacteria in pores father into the pore, but im not sure- does anyone know anything about these devices?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have not personally tried it but this product has great reviews and its cheap. Worth a shot.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask

You can find it at drugstore.com and amazon.com. Good luck! I'm also in the process of clearing up blackheads. I've been using Biore Warming Scrub day and night. It's gotten slightly better but once I'm done with this tube I'll for sure try Queen Helene.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts