Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been asked before but what do recomend for getting rid of blackheads? I use the strips, but they really don't work that well.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
This has probably been asked before but what do recomend for getting rid of blackheads? I use the strips, but they really don't work that well.
Warm up a washcloth place it on your face for awhile, then pop the heck out of them-

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I don't know if I have any capillaries in my body!! Really though I have never had a problem when I try to pop a blackhead. But I don't get many either.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Aspirin is salicylic acid, I would use a face cleanser which contains salicylic acid in it, you can find it in some cleansers and toners for acne/oily skin, Vichy has products for oily skin which contains it, if I remember right. I've used it and it does keep your skin less spotty at least. Blackheads are a pain, and I think only way to get rid off them is to try to prevent them by cleansing your face with right products.. Salicylic acid is in other words Beta hydroxyl acid, which is oil soluble, and that is why it cleanses excess oil from skin pores, it kind of gets in them and washes the oil away

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I have been using nose pore strips to get rid of blackheads but unfortunately they are not very effective. I've tried the aspirin mask but it doesnt help that much

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi, have any of you ever tried to make your own strips? I did way back when they first came out. When I did them they worked just fine. I think it was 1/2 teaspoon powdered jelatine, and 1/2 teaspoon powdered milk and a couple of drops lemon juice. mix it paint it on wait about 10 minutes to dry and rip that sucker right off! Hope this helps, it used to for me!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, have any of you ever tried to make your own strips? I did way back when they first came out. When I did them they worked just fine. I think it was 1/2 teaspoon powdered jelatine, and 1/2 teaspoon powdered milk and a couple of drops lemon juice. mix it paint it on wait about 10 minutes to dry and rip that sucker right off! Hope this helps, it used to for me!
That really works?!? Maybe i should try that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
is there any treament that can be used in the professional spas for blackhead removals such as different facials (oxygen etc)?

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
And does that get them out for sure??

I think if i did that every couple months, then started using the strips regularly it would help.
Oh ya facials when they use steam to open up your pores, totally will help unclog your pores. You can even do this at home. Boil some water and put your face over the steam. Then try extracting them yourself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts