Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I’m not new here, just a lurker who’s been on and off on her journey because I don’t really see results. Mostly it’s only my face that lightens.
Also I’m in Hungary and most of the creams and supplements are not allowed in the country. And I haven’t seen an IV clinic here yet.
Anyone who can recommend strong products that work on a budget. Or that would be able to send them to me from the UK or somewhere that its allowed.
thank you.
ps: current shade, my face is close to NC 55 my goal is 3-4 shades full body lighter. I use kojic soap and vitamin E and C. lemonvate I got was fake and so was Idole from amazon so zero results. NAC makes me terribly nauseous
i
Joint Hand Leg Comfort Human body

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: I got the Body clearing milk and glycerin from Mitchellbrands as well as a soap from Germany this week. I also have my kojic soap. I plan to start with the exfoliation and sunscreen. Wish me luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Share yours as well! Let’s encourage each other
I just did my first chemical peel today on my darkest areas (neck, hands, and buttocks). After, I noticed my skin now feels smooth like i does when I use kojie san soap, but there was no immediate peeling. From what I've read, it could take up to a week before I start seeing any peeling. I used an 'extra strong peeling oil' which I bought from Amazon. I dont know if will be very effective but I did feel a little burning/heat when I used it on my neck. It did not actually burn me and the feeling went away within 2 minutes. I was able to keep it on for the full 5 minutes. I think the burning feeling I felt was due to my neck already having a little irritation 3 days before. However, there were only feelings of warmth on my hands and buttocks when I used the oil.

I'm going to wait 48hours before I use any lighteners. As of now, I only have caro white, caro white oils, and Peau Jaune Lait/lotion( which I mixed with some caro white oil). I'll probably use the Peau Jaune for the first week or 2 and see how that goes. I have some other lighteners being delivered too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What is your location? I would like to buy peeling oil too.
Suncare is included for you? I just bought Nuxe spf 50 and the chemical one from Bioderma. Washing it off is a pain though!
I'm in U.S.
I just bought Coopertone SPF100 sunscreen from Amazon yesterday. It'll be here Wednesday. Some of the reviews are horrible but I'm going to try it. I've bought everything I have off Amazon and Ebay.
I work nightshifts so that makes it easier to avoid the sun. Before now, I didn't use sunscreen that often but I can't recall using any that was difficult to wash off. I'd hate that too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm in U.S.
I just bought Coopertone SPF100 sunscreen from Amazon yesterday. It'll be here Wednesday. Some of the reviews are horrible but I'm going to try it. I've bought everything I have off Amazon and Ebay.
I work nightshifts so that makes it easier to avoid the sun. Before now, I didn't use sunscreen that often but I can't recall using any that was difficult to wash off. I'd hate that too.
I’m in the EU. I can’t find peeling oil or lactic acid with higher strength on amazon.de so I’ll check UK or elsewhere. There are a lot more strict rules in the region.
I’m curious about the Shiseido sunscreen as well, great reviews

·
Administrator
34,016 Posts
I’m in the EU. I can’t find peeling oil or lactic acid with higher strength on amazon.de so I’ll check UK or elsewhere. There are a lot more strict rules in the region.
I’m curious about the Shiseido sunscreen as well, great reviews
I love Shiseido SS but I am also a huge fan of Bioderma. Bioderma Photoderm Max 🥰 . Shiseido SS I only use on my face. It comes in such a small bottle.

As for peeling oils, don't jump into all of that too fast. You need to do research and read about them. We have a great thread here. I will find it for you. Its worth the read!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I love Shiseido SS but I am also a huge fan of Bioderma. Bioderma Photoderm Max 🥰 . Shiseido SS I only use on my face. It comes in such a small bottle.

As for peeling oils, don't jump into all of that too fast. You need to do research and read about them. We have a great thread here. I will find it for you. Its worth the read!!
I’m glad Bioderma is something I can get easily. Thanks for the recommendation!
okay I’ll go slow with peels 😀

·
Administrator
34,016 Posts
I’m glad Bioderma is something I can get easily. Thanks for the recommendation!
okay I’ll go slow with peels 😀
Read the thread I linked above, lots of detailed information, you will learn alot from it. Bioderma is great SS. I stock up when I go to UK. It can be hard to remove but thats a good thing, it means its protecting you. Lather it on, otherwise your wasting time and lots of money trying to lighten. Keep yourself covered as much as possible if you can.

Best of luck to you both @Blinky254 and @tartryer don't be in a hurry. And be careful with peels. Ive never used GPO or YPO but have used every other kind of peel you can think of. Purchase from a reputable seller. You don't want something someone has mixed up in their *******!! You have no idea whats in it and it can do more harm then good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Speaking of peels 😅 I used 80% Glycolic acid/lactic acid mix and it caused some serious PIH on my toes!!! Does anyone know how I can get rid of this? It’s healed so far so not sensitive but it’s so dark!! Thank goodness it’s Autumn/Winter!!

Never will I use Glycolic acid peels again! 80% lactic acid worked well for me and just makes me flake.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts