Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Im trying to find a great way of getting rid of that bloated feeling-i hate eating in the mornings, but have to so i dont get ravenous around lunch time.

im using a slendertone on my stomach, which i am surprisingly getting results from, but when i eat a meal (even if its just cereal) that horrible bloated feeling comes back.

Any tips?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Good question- real good!! How about those breakfast shakes, or just plain fruit? I've got a question for you, what's a slendertone?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mm, I could look at shakes - but would they make you feel heavy? Fruit is probably a good idea but Id love to fit in more fibre-ill check out the shakes and see what I can find.

I may have to start making use of that new blender i bought 8 months ago lol

A slendertone is a muscle contracting workout belt. It says a 20-30 min workout is equivalent to 100 sit ups or something. (im a little bit of a shopoholic so as soon as the sale was on, i got it! Along with the home kit laser hair treatment!)

anyway, ill get back to topic-i hear some celebs etc only eat certain types of food like raw food, purple food and non dairy???

Others i hear that dairy helps you lose weight? I dont wanna lose weight just get rid of bloating now, but how to get and keep a washboard tummy, thats the million dollar question...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Fruits, fiber, not eating late at night and water has helped me with bloating, Ninasky, also Ab exercises for the tummy tuck. Yeap, get that blender to work! But this slendertone, does it really work?, i was tempted to get it myself

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, i put my hands up. i might have the odd bowl of cereal at 1 in the morning!

Ill definitely try the tips you have given. Yeah, slendertone works, for some reason its also helped my posture. Its gets you warmed up and then you work through the levels. Its a great 'add on'. It wont show, if you've got a 'pot belly' cos the muscles you work will not show through this, as i found with the bloating.

Best using it in the mornings before you eat. I also did a grapefruit and olive oil detox before i began to clean out my system. team this up with an aerobics class to shift any extra 'luggage'. (and not eat cereal in the middle of the night lol)

Then it works.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Things that make me bloat are:
soy, dairy, legumes
I think we just have to experiment to see what it is that's causing it.

Here's what I use for breakfast and it doesn't cause too much bloating, altho it has yellow pea powder and hemp as it's protein source:

SEQUEL VEGA PROTEIN VANILLA CHAI 979 G by: Sequel -

This site is incorrect tho, you use TWO scoops in water. I mix it in my VitaMix with ice or frozen mango or papaya chunks.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh so you use it like a breakfast substitute? Does the protein source keep you full until lunch?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Not really! I usually end up being hungry about 3 hours later, so I have a midmorning snack of something like a carrot/ginger/apple juice smoothie.

This and getting off the sugar, plus the AbLounger keep me flat. Lots of water too.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6 Posts
My fav breakfast is a strawberry-banana smoothie with protien powder. And it DOES keep me feeling full until lunch time.

1 c strawberries
1/2 a banana
1 c water
30 grams whey powder (vanilla)
2 tsp flax seed oil (good fat)

It's delicious and keeps me feeling full.

As for the bloating thing, do you drink enough water? Or perhaps you have too much salt in your diet? Salt makes you retain water. And you'd be surprised HOW salty average every day things are.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This may sound a little cliche but water is one of the best rewards for your body. Aside from helping supress apettite, it also makes you feel less bloated - the more water you drink, the less your body retains. Sounds odd but its true. If you dont drink enough your body retains it and that makes you look and feel a little puffy.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The things that bloat me are salt and especially diet sodas. I don't know why but they bloat me sooo badly. Also, that time of the month makes me bloated too.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Ninansky
Maybe you have IBS if *everything* you eat makes you feel bloated HERE is some info.
Or maybe it's just the milk with the cereal. Watch out for whey protein too - comes from milk.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I eat a lot of fiber and am well accustomed to "bloat". I sometimes ask what the use of being healthier is if I am walking around with a gut! I have resolved it by upping my acidophillus intake. For some reason a lot of bloat has to do with how the digestive bacteria are working and more healthy bacteria does seem to ameliorate the bloat to a degree no matter what the cause, so I have found at least.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I eat a lot of fiber and am well accustomed to "bloat". I sometimes ask what the use of being healthier is if I am walking around with a gut! I have resolved it by upping my acidophillus intake. For some reason a lot of bloat has to do with how the digestive bacteria are working and more healthy bacteria does seem to ameliorate the bloat to a degree no matter what the cause, so I have found at least.
wait lexi - isnt fiber supposed to help fight bloating? please explain...
also what is acisuphillus? can you find it naturally in food?

thanks!!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
wait lexi - isnt fiber supposed to help fight bloating? please explain...
also what is acisuphillus? can you find it naturally in food?

thanks!!
Yoghurt has bacteria too some has acidophillus though most have bifidus to aid digestion. Both are considered "beneficial" bacteria. You can get supplements at most health food stores and increasingly at grocery stores and any pharmacy/drugstore.

Fibre DOES aid digestion in that it increases transport time and cleans the colon so to speak. BUT in doing so it can cause bloating as it creates gases being that it is not digestable (fibre is not digested but rather works as a cleanser in the intestines).

Other causes of bloating are high sugar and high carb diest that cause excess candida (yeast) bacteria. In severe cases a candida infection leads to systemic infections.Candida also naturally occurs and is held at bay by good bacteria (aka pro-biotics).

·
Registered
529 Posts
ohh you girls.. just go to some corner and let one rip.. discreetly offcourse..

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
ohh you girls.. just go to some corner and let one rip.. discreetly offcourse..
OMG! I never do that! Not even in private. I know it is abnormal but it is just not something I do. On the other hand, very Asian of me, I burp shamelessly whenever I feel the need.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Ninasky,

I suggest that you include in your diet the type of yoghurt that is designed to get rid of the dreaded bloated feeling: in the UK [as you might know] such a product is 'Activia' yoghurt.

Best wishes,

redrose

1 - 20 of 23 Posts