Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you're not suppposed to blowdry your hair if you don't want frizz. But I have to blow dry my hair (it takes four to five hours to air dry). How do I minimize frizz?

·
Registered
160 Posts
You can try an anti-frizz product. They come as gels, mousse, sprays, etc. Also you should buy a diffuser for your hairdryer. It's an attachment that goes on the end which helps direct the hot air into the roots. Also keep your hair dryer on the low heat setting.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a diffuser..but I didn't know you point it just at the roots! And also I've used antifrizz products, and they usually just make my hair frizzier

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have very fine, extremely curly/frizzy hair. I found Silk Therapy and Chi by Farouk. I have never achieved such manageable curls or smoothness before. It's expensive, but worth every penny if you can swing it. It can be purchased at beauty salons or beauty supply houses, but my local HEB sells it a quite a bit les expensively althouth still not cheap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My beutician used the Silk Therapy on me several years ago and I have been sold ever since. I think it would be good on any hair tends to be dry and frizzy. The entire line of Farouk products has been good for me with my naturally frizzy hair.

I can use these products and dry my hair on warn low setting, then put a little more product on my hands and run it through. This is the first time in my life my hair has ever been shiny!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pomander, I wish you good luck in your hunt and hope it works for you. Let me know if you find any bargains. I would love to find some on sale.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've figured it out! I still get a tiny bit frizzy but it's much, much less. My main problem was that I used too much shampoo...even though i have a LOT of hair all i really need is a little blob. Then I use MATRIX Biolage Conditioning Balm, rinse it out, get out of the shower, and put in some more Matrix, massage it through my hair, and leave it there.

Anyone else with hair that has a tendency toward dryness and frizz should try this!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts