Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
so i have had really bad skin for as long as i can remember...
I think i have sensitive skin because my face is both oily and dry but mostly oily...
I had really bad skin with lots of pigmentation on my forehead last year but I was recommended differin gel by the dermatologist and it really helped clear my skin up! so i feel more confident and dont care as much about my face...
However, i have really bad body acne and i have been using cleosin? and differin gel on my neck, chest and back
I have had body acne for about 4 years now and it does not get any better!
Another thing to add is that, i use regular body wash and i think that could contribute to my body acne... but I used neutrogena clear body scrub last year but it really did not help at all!
Is there a bar soap/body gel that i could use to improve my body acne?
PS. if you have more info, hit back!

xoxo

·
Registered
209 Posts
My son had acne very bad and we tried absolutely everything. After doing tons of research I found that fabric softener as well as the softerner sheets you put in your dryer can cause acne or make it worse. Once I stopped using these on anything that touched his skin it cleared up. That included towels, sheets all of his clothes, everything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have mild body acne, mainly on my upper back, and I find that using All Clear or Dreft really helped me out. Turns out, I was really sensitive to the dye and fragrance in regular detergents and with clothes on your back, and rubbing your face in pillow sheets at night, you're constantly being exposed to irritants.

Additionally, I also use anti-bacterial wash in the shower and only fragrance-free, uncolored, non-mineral oil based moisturizer on my back, to prevent clogged pores. Personally, I use Dial liquid hand soap (the orange stuff, original formula) because of the triclosan in it, which is an anti-bacterial. It maybe a little harsh for some, but it does the job for me! HTH

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I have body acne too esp. when I start eating lots of spicy foods, chocolates, etc. I have started using neem soap which is great for acne. Neem soap contains neem oil which is both antibacterial and antifungal and has various skin benefits. You can google for more info.

I won't recommend using neem soap on face though as it is very drying but is suitable for body use and help dry acne and spots. You can search for shower gel containing neem oil just in case you don't want to use soap.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
my daughter has acne, she has occasional facial bouts, and 'backne' as she calls it on her upper back. She uses ecover for clothes washing, and i tell her to change pillow cases and sheets often (she is at university). what she uses in the shower for her back is something called austarlian body care tea tree face and body wash, she seems to like it. she uses alpha h on her face i know. I think with her it can be hormonal to a great extent.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi there,

if you suffer from acne you can get medication for it, maybe ask from your doctor about it, he should know to tell you more about it. I know few people who had bad acne on their face and body for years, and they started to take acne medication and their skin totally cleared up in few months. I don't remember the exact ingredient what it is them, but I have to say that they can have quite a lot of side effects, but I think it's worth it in the end.

It is something to do with vitamin A, and one of the trade names of the medicine is Roaccutan.. But if it's proper acne, there is usually not much else to help than change the chemistry in your body..

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey there, i had the same problems until in college, an oriental roomate of mine, put me on to hollywood lite ning, it's a skin lightening pill but only if you take about three aday, however if you just take one a day it is fantastic for clearing up the toxins in the body that cause body and facial acnee... i love it, just google it hollywood lite ning, or go to biobeautylabs "dot" com

·
Registered
61 Posts
My body acne has improved 90% or more.

I use a bar of soap called PanOxyl, my derm. told me about it. It really helps.
Good luck! & please try.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've never thought the fragence(s) in my laundry detergent could be the reason for my back and chest acne. But now that it's been mentioned, I'm starting to think that could be reason.

I noticed the acne on my back six years ago. It started as dark spots, and before you know it I was noticing the bumps form. This past summer I broke out terribly on my chest - I'm even embarrassed to wear v-neck shirts because of it. I have never had acne on my chest, and I've tried a host of different products (from different soaps, body washes and I've even used face cleasners and exfoliants back there) and nothing has worked.

I'm not sure whether they make fragrence free detergents, but if they do I'm going to look into it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Since you have sensitive skin, try using products that has natural ingredients. As for me, i have a sensitive skin too and not using natural products harms my skin so bad.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
windy winds did you get an okay from the mod to advertise your products?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!
Don't worry about that post, it was from August. And to answer your question, No you don't ever get the ok to post advertising.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My son had acne very bad and we tried absolutely everything. After doing tons of research I found that fabric softener as well as the softerner sheets you put in your dryer can cause acne or make it worse. Once I stopped using these on anything that touched his skin it cleared up. That included towels, sheets all of his clothes, everything.
!!!!!!

I experienced the same thing.I make sure that i change my sheets often (a little too often ,im getting OCD
) and stay away from fragranced body lotions.

·
Registered
76 Posts
To cure acne naturally, you need to correct the problems going on inside of your body that are causing the acne. Besides external acne treatment it's even more important to work from the inside out too. In addition, maintaining a proper daily skin care routine is vital for having an acne free, clear, and smooth-looking skin.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts