Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I was in the "DIY" mood, I mixed some body lotion. I melted 4 oz of shea butter and cocoa butter together on the stove (pot of water with my ingredients in a bowl on/in the heated water) and some (about 5 tbsp) Palmers cocoa butter body oil. I mixed it with a 32 oz bottle of Alba Very emoiliant body lotion and added orange and frankinsence essential oils. I must say although the appearance isn't that great, it works pretty well. It's not too greasy either and smells very cocoa buttery.

I did the orange and frankincense b/c these two oils mix well with each other. There are others the individuals mix with but none that both mix with and I thought probably better keep it simple. I also love Orange smell.

I wanted to use avacado oil but wanted to use the rest of that body oil so next time I will probably use the avacado oil and mix it with a hand mixer to really mix it and get all the lumps out. Any other suggestions or ideas?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
That sounds pretty good! There are lots of online DIY sites. Makingcosmetics.com, Lotioncrafter.com, theherbarie.com....I'm sure you probably know about these.

Glucosamine is another great ingredient to add to body lotion. GoldBond CoQ10 Restoring Body Cream has all the goodies in it so I just add a few actives to it, like MAP, and call it good.

Frankincense and orange! That does sound good and i like both of them too. I never thought of combining them tho! Thanks for the idea!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's MAP? it must not have been solidified completely when I used it b/c on my 2nd day of use I could hardley squeeze it out of the bottle. I filled the Alba pump bottle and then an old (cleaned) squeeze lotion bottle. It still felt wonderful on my skin but was kindof difficult to get out. Gold Bond is my fav drugstore lotion so I may have to try that.

The Frankincense I have is the Now brand and it says it's suspended in grapeseed oil or soemthing like that. It's not pure anyway.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
MAP. I bought it thinking I could make a silicone-based C serum then just gave up, so I'm adding the powder to body lotion to get rid of it. Would not repurchase. Silly me.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

I often use Organic Olive Oil and Palmer's Cocoa Butter. I just put them in an empty jar and stir. This is very simple, effective body lotion and so easy to make,

Warm regards,

redrose

1 - 10 of 10 Posts