Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just started a budget and I'm about to run out of my Lancome body lotion.. I can't justify spending $$$ replacing it so any ideas on a rich body lotion (dry skin) that I can get from Walmart Westons etc - A friend sugested Nivea has anyone tried it?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've found that Lancome products are not anything special. They are just high priced so people feel special when they use them. Most of their ingredients can be found in all moisturizers. Nivea is a great choice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've found that Lancome products are not anything special. They are just high priced so people feel special when they use them. Most of their ingredients can be found in all moisturizers. Nivea is a great choice.
Your probably right, the only thing special about it is the price. I think I'll give the Nivea a go, either that or Palmers Cocoa Butter (just remembered about this classic)

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Have you tried either Gold Bond or CeraVe? both are miles better than Lancome since they contain actual *gasp* active ingredients like ceramides to improve the skin!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
151 Posts
I like Golds bond but I use it only for my hands. I wash my hands several times a day and I found that it is the best lotion for dryness. But never thought of using as body lotion. I use Lubriderm but been thinking of changing once I finish it. May try ceraVe. I see many people here on this site recommend it as a good facial moisturizer.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by allicat

Okay this may sound complicated, but is actually really cool. Viedusoleil.com puts $10 in your paypal account every time you refer a friend to their product and your friend buys it. So, essentially if you got 4 friends buying the cream too regularly, your cream would be paid for every month- just a thought. Its a really nice cream too btw.

Oh puleeese....stop spamming this product of yours ! What a cheesy website, no ingredients listed, pages that don't work, no info on shipping or anything else..go away !

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by allicat

Okay this may sound complicated, but is actually really cool. Viedusoleil.com puts $10 in your paypal account every time you refer a friend to their product and your friend buys it. So, essentially if you got 4 friends buying the cream too regularly, your cream would be paid for every month- just a thought. Its a really nice cream too btw.

^^ blatant and ham-handed attempt to garner paypal kickbacks from a crap product. Go away!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Amlactin is sold without rx now, it's 12% lactic acid. I spent $20 on a bottle from the supermarket, I think costco and walgreens sells it also. It's in the first aid section, not with the regular lotions. I was given a sample of it from my podiatrist, I've been putting it on my face too. A little goes a long way so I don't mind spending a dub, although I would never spend more, especially not some department store expensive fluffy stuff!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by jonesbonnie77

Anyone her help can me, what the best and effective body lotion should I under go? I'm too desperate to make my skin whiter and smooth. Please send me some tips! Thanks..

There is an entire section of this site dedicated to "Skin Lightening." That is where you will get help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use cocoa butter from Body Shop, it is a bit pricey, but a little bit goes a long way and it makes the skin super soft and a wonderful smell.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Homemade body lotion,

Step one: The first step in making body lotion is to mix your oils and water in with your emulsifying wax. This will create the base of your lotion. The emulsifying wax is what keeps the water and oils from separating.

Step two: The second step in making body lotion is to add your essential oils or fragrance oils. Essential oils will make your body lotion scented and can provide aromatherapy effects. Fragrance oils can also be used to give your lotion a nice scent.

Step three: The third step in making body lotion is to add your colorants. These colorants can be from a laboratory or they can come from natural sources. If you plan on marketing your handmade skin care products as natural skin care products then you will want to use natural coloring agents like paprika, mica, or oxides.

Step four: The fourth step is to bottle your product. You can place your lotions into a jar, tube or into a pump or squirt bottle. You can make custom labels to attach on the bottles with your company name, logo and ingredients.

In addition to making a basic body lotion you can also add things to the lotion to make it special. One popular additive to body lotion is glitter. Other popular additives for body lotions are SPF and tint.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by jonesbonnie77

I'm to desperate to make my skin whiter anyone her can help me, please give some tips
, I want to be whiter!!

to keep my skin from darkning i always keep my skin fresh, with proper diet, juice, water,fruits, washing face regularly, applying proper lotion and moistursing

·
Registered
621 Posts
Amlactin is sold without rx now, it's 12% lactic acid. I spent $20 on a bottle from the supermarket, I think costco and walgreens sells it also. It's in the first aid section, not with the regular lotions. I was given a sample of it from my podiatrist, I've been putting it on my face too. A little goes a long way so I don't mind spending a dub, although I would never spend more, especially not some department store expensive fluffy stuff!
I use Amlactin, but it is not moisturizing. It is okay if your skin is normal and not dry. Otherwise, if your skin is dry, you need to put a moisturizing lotion over the Amlactin.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts