Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’ve tried peeling on three occasions . The first time I left it on my body for 6 minutes and nothing happened ( waited three days) I tried occluding my hands for 3 hours yesterday with gloves and today my hands are the same. The other day I occluded my knees for 40 minutes and no peeling at all.

I don’t understand why the LA peel isnt working , it’s like I haven’t done anything. It’s 40% (I even added a tiny bit more LA). The only thing I can think of is the LA might be out of date as I think we’ve had it in the cupboard for 3+ years , but it does sting my body and smell fine?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Update: I scratched my hands and I saw flakes so I peeled. But it’s not peeling on it’s own. Is there anything else I’m supposed to do Post peel to speed it up . Or do I just leave it be? And do I continue to use my exfoliating soap or use a normal soap and for how long?

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
You must prepare your skin 2-3weeks before your first peel.
You have to respect a certain protocol (wash your body, elimine all the fatty layers, the concentration, the time).
Sometimes you must do another session the same week.

If you want your to peel your skin a lot, you could try potent peels lotions like yellow peeling.

·
Administrator
33,835 Posts
Shelf life for LA is long, about 5 years, if kept in a dark cool cabinet. However........it shouldn't smell "fine", lactic acid smells like sour milk ;). The areas in which you are trying to peel are tough areas, might take a bit stronger peel for hands, and knees. Try raising the % up and apply faithfully once a week, see if this doesn't make a difference for you.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Have a bath soak with 300 g of baking soda and 300 g Dead Sea salt . Soak for 10 mins then scrub your body with an exfoliating tool.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have a bath soak with 300 g of baking soda and 300 g Dead Sea salt . Soak for 10 mins then scrub your body with an exfoliating tool.
I did that, and I’m seeing flaking now, thanks. It’s been 4 days since my body peel, can I wash with Kojic acid now?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
If you body is flaking then I would just use moisturise , I’m not too sure about kojie acid soap on flaking skin . Wait for more advice before you use it

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Hi, I’ve tried peeling on three occasions . The first time I left it on my body for 6 minutes and nothing happened ( waited three days) I tried occluding my hands for 3 hours yesterday with gloves and today my hands are the same. The other day I occluded my knees for 40 minutes and no peeling at all.

I don’t understand why the LA peel isnt working , it’s like I haven’t done anything. It’s 40% (I even added a tiny bit more LA). The only thing I can think of is the LA might be out of date as I think we’ve had it in the cupboard for 3+ years , but it does sting my body and smell fine?

@Dehum 40%, 50% etc.. la peel wont peel you.. la is the mildest peel therefore it wont peel you in sheets.. it doesent penetrates to the deepest layer on ur skin like GA does but still it works.. it work by makin ur skin softer, smoother, ur lighteners will work even better... dont wait for peel cuz u wont lol.. but what will happen is u could flake here and there and thats it.. another option is if u have suuuper sensetive skin maybe u might experience some peeling.. but in general la wont peel u the way u want it to.. only because ur not peeling doesent mean its not working... la works slow.. soo u will see VISIBLE Drastic RESULTS after 7-8 weeks.. and as the weeks goes by u will also lighten... the first few weeks u will see softer skin.. smoothness etc.. be patience! Use 45% for ur body if ur a beginner as well as for face.. after 7 weeks u can go to 50% on ur body if u can tolerate it..

If u want REAL peeling.. then go for ga, jessner peel, or green peeling oil.. but be aware those can also cause PIH if ur skin does not really tolerates it.. la is milder and the chance of gettin pih is not quite so high.. dont be greedy loool.. some ppls results get demaged only cuz they r to greedY.. ;)

If u hav further question tag my name so i wont miss ur questions ;)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
@mccartney @gymrat @shawtykid20 @Titi

Sorry to hijack this topic, but I've been looking into deeper peels and I'd love to hear your suggestions.

I have sensitive and PIH prone skin so I've been sticking to 25% mandelic and 40% LA peels for the past several weeks in prep for my SL regimen. And while I have seen some micro peeling, I have not seen much in way of improvements in my skin texture or hyperpigmentation in darker knees/elbows.

What do you recommend as my next step for deeper penetrative results? something like a 15% TCA peel, GPO, or YPO? I want to peel both my face and body.

I checked out Hipvalley's post and 10% GPO looks promising - but I'd like to hear other ppls thoughts. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,706 Posts

Sorry to hijack this topic, but I've been looking into deeper peels and I'd love to hear your suggestions.

I have sensitive and PIH prone skin so I've been sticking to 25% mandelic and 40% LA peels for the past several weeks in prep for my SL regimen. And while I have seen some micro peeling, I have not seen much in way of improvements in my skin texture or hyperpigmentation in darker knees/elbows.

What do you recommend as my next step for deeper penetrative results? something like a 15% TCA peel, GPO, or YPO? I want to peel both my face and body.

I checked out Hipvalley's post and 10% GPO looks promising - but I'd like to hear other ppls thoughts. Thanks guys!
No GPO or YPO on your face.
I suggest you begin with retin-A 0,025% on your face. After 3-4 weeks, you do a mild TCA peel. Like 15% of concentration.

The YPO can be good once. If you have a thick skin.
The GPO penetrates very deep in the skin layer with several sessions of it, the skin lost its quality.
A 15%TCA can be use as a weekly peel on the body (i said body).

·
Administrator
33,835 Posts

Happy Holidays @PinotNoir 🎄 knowing you have sensitive skin you are fine using Mandelic Acid. I haven't used GPO or YPO but I can tell you it isn't for "sensitive" skin folks. If you are wanting to venture out, have a look at the Fade Peel, its a great one! MUAC. Its a mix of acids, I really like it. As for your knees/elbows these areas will require a bit stronger acid to get them to budge. TCA 15% is a great place to start for those areas. Let me know if you need more details!

Great to see you 💕

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Thanks
No GPO or YPO on your face.
I suggest you begin with retin-A 0,025% on your face. After 3-4 weeks, you do a mild TCA peel. Like 15% of concentration.

The YPO can be good once. If you have a thick skin.
The GPO penetrates very deep in the skin layer with several sessions of it, the skin lost its quality.
A 15%TCA can be use as a weekly peel on the body (i said body).
@Titi would I peel in sheets with TCA 15%? And just to clarify, YPO is for thick skin and GPO could be used for regular skin but not regularly or it damages the skin?

@gymrat thanks for the recommendation. How does the fade peel strength compare to the 25% mandelic (I got that one from MUAC)? I am making an effort to do more layers of milder peels, but I think a deeper, lower percentage TCA peel might work

·
Administrator
33,835 Posts
Thanks

@Titi would I peel in sheets with TCA 15%? And just to clarify, YPO is for thick skin and GPO could be used for regular skin but not regularly or it damages the skin?

@gymrat thanks for the recommendation. How does the fade peel strength compare to the 25% mandelic (I got that one from MUAC)? I am making an effort to do more layers of milder peels, but I think a deeper, lower percentage TCA peel might work
Fade Peel contains 4 acids, GA, LA, KA and Malic Acid. You apply it like you would the Mandelic, leave on and rinse off, does not need to be neutralized. It is stronger then the Mandelic but requires no downtime.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts