Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I'm seriously considering botox for my forehead wrinkles...I have recently bought Safetox for my forehead wrinkles which I'm using for almost 4 weeks with zero results at the moment.I know there was a link on a lady called Toby here and she had these fantastic results with Safetox but not me...I will still keep using it, the manufacturers say to allow 6 weeks to see changes but I doubt there will be much of a change in 14 days...
I would like to know what do you think about having Botox for forehead wrinkles ? What results did you have ? Does it make the forehead wrinkles completely diminish ? How long does it last ? I have heard that the longer you use it , the less often you need it...Does it make you look all stiff ?
I have two semi deep wrinkles on my forehead - they are there whether I frown or not - does it work for static wrinkles as well ? I'm also worried that when I won't be able to move muscles in my forehead I will start getting wrinkles somewhere else...like around my eye....
So many questions !

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I say yes to Botox. Have yet to use it but see no reason not to. I hate these people with these claims that you "look forzen" and "have no expression". In reality people I know who have done botox are indistingusihable from anyone else, just fewer wrinkes. It is not placed like a blanket over your face, it is strategically injected into the most overly used muscles and rarely used in muscles that form true human expression.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I agree with Lexi2009. If you decide to get it check out the doctor before hand to make sure he is good. Be sure to tell him/her exactly what you want (and don't want). I have had Botox just on my forehead because I just had one of those faces that seemed to have a lot of expression in my forehead and long lines appeared. I received Botox and told my doctor that I just wanted them to go away little by little and that is exactly what he has done. I didn't and don't look frozen at all. My husband would have definately told me if it did. He doesn't not keep his opinions to himself at all when it comes to me.

I haven't had it in a long time as the lines haven't reappeared. I think now that they have been helped with the Botox and with all the Vit C and other serums I have been using lately perhaps I won't need it any longer.

I hope so because Botox sure is expensive!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I agree with Lexi. If it's done right, you look natural and line free AND you can move your forehead (just not as much as without it). If it's done wrong, yeah, you can look a little odd, but it's not permanent, so not THAT big of a deal. I'd just do my research on a good derm/PS and make sure you see pictures of his patients and you like them before you take the plunge. Personally, I can't afford it, so it probably won't be an option for me, but if I could afford it and I had forehead lines that bothered me, I'd do it in a heart beat...

·
Registered
10 Posts
If your forehead lines are bothering you then go for it. My frown lines on my forehead seemed to be a lil more noticible after i did a deep peel and the treatment made the skin on my forehead really dried and cracked.. After it healed i had some botox done. Loved the results, Just dont have the injections too close to your eyebrows, As although it wasnt noticible, I felt that my left eyebrow was drooping a lil bit.. This wore off after a few weeks...!

It got rid of the frown lines on my forehead and lasted around 4 months before the lines started coming back.. I had some more done Saturday gone!!!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Botox is definately a fix to forehead wrinkles. If you find a good Dr you won't be able to tell you even had an injection, other than your lines will be gone. It has NEVER given me the "frozen look" at all. I wouldn't be paying the money for the results to be the "frozen look". It freezes the muscle that creates the lines. It does not freeze your entire face.

If you type botox in the search menu you will find other threads on this topic.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I would definitely go for Botox if we weren't paying off bills to get completely out of debt. Same for Restylane. LOVE that stuff!!!!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Botox and I have a longstanding love affair. I would NEVER EVER be without my Botox. I have never had the paralyzed or frozen look. It actually, if done right, is a cheap alternative to a brow lift. It's WONDERFUL!! And, yes, the longer you do it, the less you have to do it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I agree with all these posts! If injected correctly, and the right amount botox works wonders. It will not make you look "fake", just better. Go for it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well i have been using botox for a number of years and i think its great stuff. It gives that smooth effect which is actually quite subtle. It makes that difference that people are after. I usually have it done around the eyes and on my forehead. Just make sure you go to someone who has some experience of injecting. Sometimes even the expesive big companies have novice injectors.
My doctor is great and prices are much cheaper than elsewhere in London so i am very happy at getting it done every 4 months! He always asks me if i want the frozen or subtle look. He charges £99 for one area or £155 if i get the eyes and forhead. If i ever need a small top up he sorts that out too

Jus find a good injector and away you go!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've had Botox done for the "11's" between my eyes and I certainly wouldn't telll anyone not to have it done. I just don't think it lasts long enough for the amount of money it costs. I think it lasted about 6-7 weeks for me. I thought the Restylane was much better. I had that done on a deep creased top lip. I had two treatments 6 mos apart and the second one held up so good I haven't done it since (18 mos ago). I did read that the more you have Restylane done the longer it lasts.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I've had Botox done for the "11's" between my eyes and I certainly wouldn't telll anyone not to have it done. I just don't think it lasts long enough for the amount of money it costs. I think it lasted about 6-7 weeks for me. I thought the Restylane was much better. I had that done on a deep creased top lip. I had two treatments 6 mos apart and the second one held up so good I haven't done it since (18 mos ago). I did read that the more you have Restylane done the longer it lasts.
Try Dysport you could be a non-responder. There are articles on these people who are said to be immune or non-responders. Generally speaking there is also a cumulative effect so it may be worth the investment in the beginning. What this means is that for example, if I made you stop using your arm eventually the arm muscles would shrink (atrophy) and they would not work as well, certainly not perform function on demand. The same happens to botoxed muscles, the theory is long enough treatment can yield the muscle useless. I have considered trying it despite not yet having the wrinkles (prevention is 9/10ths of the cure). My face is one area I have been careful with but I do see smile lines if I laugh now hysterically. The price is prohibitive, it is important to find a good doctor and perhaps even one that you can get to know enough to get discounts.

Dysport needs a more precise surgeon to inject because it "spreads" more and can in theory paralyse the muscles in the surrounding area. But as it is a slightly different concoction it is worth it.

More radically for anyone considering surgery they do and can cut the muscle when under the skin rendering it totally, permanently disabled. Many may think it is risky, but again, in the hands of a skilled surgeon cutting just the right muscles leave you completely normal with just a lack of ability to move the wrinkle causers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I never heard of dysport, but I will look it up. And I agree I could be immune because a dr. injected it into my neck to try to give me more mobility and I didn't notice any difference.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
There is an entire population of people immune to it and there is also a good portion "resistant". As it works for you I would say you are resistant but that turns into immune at some point. They can also order Myobloc for you, it is the B form of the botulism and works on non-responders. Roughly costs the same and the use for wrinkles is considered "off-label" though it is regularly used.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The last time I saw my derm, I asked her to come clean with what she was using.....We are the same age. I actually graduated with one of the derms in the practice.

Anyway she said MD Forte for years, Laser and Botox. She looked amazing...really I would have never guessed the Botox. She also had a killer tan. I think she really likes the sun....

I say whatever makes you feel better about yourself then.... go for it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the Restylane around my mouth about 12mths ago; good value for the money. It was time for some refilling so I had the Juvederm yesterday to see how this product lasts. But I'm excited about the new thing my 'Injector' told me about, it's called PRP (platelet rich plasma) & can be used anywhere on the face or body. Your own blood is used, so no allergic reactions. So I'm definately going to give this a go especially around the eyes & hands

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi! What do you all recommend as the best method of finding a really good "injector"?
Do you prefer dermatologists or plastic surgeons?

Also, since I have horizontal as well as vertical lines on my forehead (sort of like a road map...), does it work well on both types of wrinkles? My main worry is that I will need so much Botox that my forehead will "freeze" and fall down over my eyebrows...don't want to take "sagging" to a new low if you know what I mean...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I say go for it if you can afford it. Botox has tremendously successful safety and efficacy profiles. Although no treatment is entirely risk-free, the majority of people who've used Botox have had much success.

The typical side effects, if any, are usually localized irritation, swelling or bruising.

Hope this helped!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you everyone...I have booked an appointment this coming Monday...I'm a bit worried that I might not have great results because I have forehead wrinkles whether I frown or not so I'm worried they are static wrinkles therefore Botox won't be the way to go...anyway, the initial consultation is free so at least I will know where I stand.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts