Skin Care Talk banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Forever -- Thank you for doing the research and going in for a consultation. I have wrinkles that just stay there "smiling" on my forehead as well...I'm looking forward to hearing the results of your consultation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hello Sandywave
I will let you know what the doctor said on Monday even I have heard that you won't see the full effect till 2 weeks time. I have an initial consultation on Monday and botox as well (if I will decide to go for it) and then the follow up visit in 2 weeks time + any additional botox I might require.
Please let it work...! I'm wearing fringe for years now and it would be soooo nice to get the hair out of my face for a change - lol !
Sim

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kitskid, I read the brochure further & this PRP is not instant, it takes a couple of weeks before you start to see results & a series of treatments are recommended, but that's ok, I like the idea of not having any foreign stuff going in. So I will definately let you know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
hello sSndywave...so I had my first botox done...! The doctor said that because I have static lines on my forehead (damn you static lines !) - I will see only 50 % improvement in my forehead lines...(sign)...I will take 2 weeks for the botox to get the full affect and how I said I might get some more botox if i need it...
I will keep you posted...The doctor said that we might treat what's left with the juvederm or any other wrinkle filler..juvederm suppose to last 6-12 months, depends on the person (so I have been told). The Botox procedure is painless and incredibly fast....
I'm suppose to do some facial exercises now...frown, lift my forehead so you should see me now...i look like a mad woman mimicking as I write !

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dear Forever -- What a brave gal you are...you just plunged right in....did he work mostly on the inbetween the brows lines or did he do any horizontal lines as well...how did you find the doctor...was he a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon...I've heard great things about Juvederm and Restylane too...let me know what you think when you have the Juvederm done too...Yay! I'm excited for you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
static wrinkles require a filler- restylane, the most important thing about fillers is to use the correct one for the correct area- Restylane touch is for the forehead, restylane-or Restylane Lipp can be used on the lower face , and Perlane is for deep hollow checks or deep pitted scars.

Botox is great for the eleven lines, even static lines with use of a 15% saylcilic acid peel can make a dramatic improvement.

·
Registered
77 Posts
static wrinkles require a filler- restylane, the most important thing about fillers is to use the correct one for the correct area- Restylane touch is for the forehead, restylane-or Restylane Lipp can be used on the lower face , and Perlane is for deep hollow checks or deep pitted scars.

Botox is great for the eleven lines, even static lines with use of a 15% saylcilic acid peel can make a dramatic improvement.
Thanks sempre -- Was wondering which one was for which problem...I don't have the "eleven lines" lucky me...I got a pitchfork...one line in the middle and one coming up from each eyebrow!!!
Have you tried the Botox Restylane combo yourself?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had Botox done twice and lasted for me 9 months each time...no frozen look or anything ,but my eyebrows are very stubborn and they don't want to lift for some reason...
but works fine everywhere else.I found that it fully "develops" about a week ...but everyone is different ....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Forever,

Bo-tox for forehead wrinkles is excellent. After having it a couple of times, you may need iy only once a year.

It will get rid of what you refer to as your 'static wrinkles'.

You can also have Bo-tox in the eye area. Make sure, however, that you consult a doctor. Go to his clinic and not a Bo-tox party.

Best of luck,

redrose

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can see that there are indeed many fans of Botox. I personally don't like needles and getting injected, so I have gone off and tried to look for a good substitute. It was a tough task, as not many of these have as much of an impact as what Botox is capable of producing. Anyway, I found this review site which talks of a product called Elite that is the safest, most effective alternative to Botox: just type in this (sorry I can't put in a link yet): eyecreamreviewer.com/eyecreamreview.htm

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Botox sounds scary to me too coz of the needles and all.
Hey pumi I have been getting needles poked around in me for a while now, it did take me while to get used to them! I dont even notice it now a days!

Problem I have with botox as I have said time and time, is like with everything you can take or get done there is that risk that you may get side effects. I have just found for myself using good skincare products from an early age has really helped my skin personally!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hello
I'm scared of needs as well but with Botox you can't even feel them - well at least I didn't.
I was worried that I won't like that I can't move my forehead but it doesn't bother me the slightest...I didn't have any bruising or sweeling or headaches after and I have extremely sensitive skin.
This is my 4th day and I can start to see certain results but they are not mind blowing at the moment - I should allow 2 weeks so I'm hoping things will improve.
Sandywave - I have problem with horizontal lines only, no lines between my eyebrows luckily but the doctor have to inject a bit of botox between my eyebrows as well because botox can cause your eyebrows to droop a little and I have a small space between my eyebrows and my eyes that's why she injected a little bit between my eyebrows just to lift things up a little. So be careful...even you might think that you are going to treat just one area (like your forehead), you might have to pay for 2 areas because you might require botox somewhere else...like I needed it between my eyebrows...
I had juvederm today around my nasal area as well...I don't have any lines there but I have lost some weight recently and things started to head south around my nose...I love the results even again I should allow 2 weeks to see the full impact....I just had it done today and it makes me look fresher and younger, I didn't hurt, I wasn't uncomfortable...it should last 6-12 months....well Christmas is coming so I have treated myself a little ...lol !

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Forever!

Wow -- It looks like you are going for the gold!! This is really interesting for me because my forehead looks rather like a roadmap...horizontal, vertical and also some diagonal lines...(I'm sure it must be karma because I used to tease my grandmother about her wrinkles)!! Anyway, it's interesting that the Doc said that the Botox in between the eyebrows would lift them...my main concern with Botox is that my forehead would sag...guess I'm just going to have to go in to see someone...the Juvederm sounds really nice...(can they just pump it in to your whole forehead)?

Anyway, looking forward to hearing more results as the weeks go by. Thanks so much!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Hello Sandywave
Don't worry about your forehead sagging...I don't know where you are from, i live in Uk and most of the Beauty therapist provide a free consulation...they will look at you , take pictures and tell you what can be achieved etc...
My Beauty therapist told me that as the botox starts to take effect, one of my eyebrows might droop a little etc...but they will even out the next day and if not I should call her and she will just inject the Botox in the right place so you look "normal"...luckily it didn't happen to me yet...
They know what they are doing, how the Botox affects the muscles in your face so I'm sure they would inject it in the right place so your forehead won't sag.
My therapsi told me that Juvederm in forehead is a bit tricky because they is not that much tissue over like for example in the nasal area. I have also read somewhere that you can finish with the lumps on your forehead if you use Juvederm because of the muscle movement.....but I don't know if that's true .
She said that she has also seen people to get rid of their static lines by botox but she said there is not always the case.
To arrange a free consultation would be a start for you.
I'm going to see my Beaty therapist on 2nd November and we are going to compare my before and after pictures...if I don't look like a prat in them I can maybe send them to you so you will see what botox did for my static line...if that's any help
take care
sim

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Forever --

Thanks for your great update...it was very thoughtful. It sounds like you have a really caring "beauty therapist"...what a great name! Thanks for the info on the Juvederm...hadn't heard about the bump problem before...looking forward to more updates!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree, Botox is great if done well. I'm on my third injector so check around for a good one. She's done wonders even lifting my lids! My contribution here addresses the static lines that Botox can't fix. I use DermaGen Anti-Wrinkle Patches. They are soft, sticky, rubber-like patches that you place over your wrinkles when you sleep. They keep wrinkles flat all night so over time (1 week!) they lessen dramatically. I hated how the lines between my forehead made me look angry all the time. The patches really helped. Ladies Home Journal had a "just pay shipping" special last April. $5. You have to call them and ask about the special - I couldn't find it on their website.

·
Administrator
34,001 Posts
I agree, Botox is great if done well. I'm on my third injector so check around for a good one. She's done wonders even lifting my lids! My contribution here addresses the static lines that Botox can't fix. I use DermaGen Anti-Wrinkle Patches. They are soft, sticky, rubber-like patches that you place over your wrinkles when you sleep. They keep wrinkles flat all night so over time (1 week!) they lessen dramatically. I hated how the lines between my forehead made me look angry all the time. The patches really helped. Ladies Home Journal had a "just pay shipping" special last April. $5. You have to call them and ask about the special - I couldn't find it on their website.
So your botoxing and using the patches just as maintence in between injections? Sounds like a great product, thanks.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts