Skin Care Talk banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
I got results from Botox for my 11's but not what I was after as one line was still visible. Six months later I had Botox combined with Evolence and immediately saw a result from the Evolence, but don't like the way it feels when I touch the are 3 weeks out. The Botox was not sufficient for me alone for this area, but next time I will get a different filler and perhaps skip the Botox. Evolence is no longer being manufactured.

·
Registered
553 Posts
By the way, I use Frownies now as part of my daily routine. I had started using them when I was not that thrilled with my first Botox treatment. I can see a large part of my lines are the result of how I sleep at night and the Frownies counteract this.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Forever, all the lines will be ironed out, static or not. The lines are there (even when you don't frown, because that is the way your face expresses it. You will notice people generally have the II lines or horizontal lines. I have had botox on and off over the past few years (also fillers) and it really does give a great result. I decided a year ago, that I wasn't going to get botox any longer as it is completely natural to have a few lines on the forehead (even my 17 year old son has very fine ones). I won't give up on my fillers though - I get a little top-up every 9 months or so.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Basically, because it was becoming too expensive to have the botox and fillers. I reasoned that just about everybody has forehead lines (apart from those who have botox
and having a smooth forehead doesn't actually make one look any younger. Yes, I did like the effect, but when you add all that money up, it's quite horrifying how much can be spent over the years, just to have a frown free forehead.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Has anyone who has had the botox experienced any of the atrophying of muscles? When I see people on TV they have that tear trough problem.

Also has anyone used it for reducing the size of their cheeks / jawline to create an oval look rather than square. Adds cheekbones - would be useful for me as i look like a chipmunk after having had a botched wisdom teeth extraction years ago

I heard that it is brilliant for that and injections last for 6- 9 months

·
Banned
33,049 Posts
Before you bite the bullet and go for Botox, I would advise anyone to try Viper Venom from GardenofWisdom.

GoW Viper Venom 3% / .25 oz [sample]
You apply it topically in the same places Botox would be injected, that is, not in the wrinkles but in the areas where the muscles are that enervate the wrinkles. It takes 30 days to reach maximum result, but it wears off quicker than Botox if you don't like the effect. No needles!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dear Fawnie -- Thanks for the info on the Garden of Wisdom Viper Venom. Have you tried it? Also, if u did, did you use the 3% or the 5% version? How were the results...how long did it take to actually see something happen? Thanks.

·
Banned
33,049 Posts
Dear Fawnie -- Thanks for the info on the Garden of Wisdom Viper Venom. Have you tried it? Also, if u did, did you use the 3% or the 5% version? How were the results...how long did it take to actually see something happen? Thanks.
Dear Sandywave

I started with the 3%. I've read horror stories about Copper Peptides in high strengths, so wanted to start low just in case. I haven't had any problems with it at all.

Yes, I see tightening and smoothing in the same way as I did with Botox.
It took about 3 weeks to know "for sure" it was working.

I use MyChelle G2 Tightening Serum over it and my Hylexin eye cream to amp up the tightening and this seems to work well.

A small vial is all you need since you just use a drop in the areas you need it...NOT ALL OVER YOUR FACE unless you WANT to look frozen in time!

·
Banned
33,049 Posts
Fawnie ---thanks for the info. I didn't realize that the Viper Venom contained copper peptides...I thought it was some sort of snake venom. Hmmm....
No!! it DOESN'T contain COPPER peptides!!!! It contains a *different* peptide. I was making the point that COPPER peptides cause problems and didn't want to take a chance with a high % of ANY peptide.

It is a synthetic peptide that mimics the effect of Temple Viper venom - paralyzing muscles. This explains what it is:
GoW Viper Venom 3% / .25 oz [sample]

·
Banned
33,049 Posts
Fawnie, do you still do facial exercise with the Viper Venom? I mean in the forehead area?
TL I don't use VV on the forehead area, just the crows-feet areas. And I still do my exercises there to strengthen and build the muscles and tissues. There's no reason why it should work, I guess, but it seems to! It doesn't paralyze to the degree that Botox does...I mean there isn't that waxy look.

PS - love the Bone Massage!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Interesting....Viper Venom huh. I just got my Botox after waiting for a while. I gotta say I really like the results of Botox. I had them do near the corners of my mouth this time because the corners are starting to droop into a frown when I'm relaxed. So far I'm not drooling! It is subtle and I can tell the difference. Not sure about the rest of the world. My Hubby just shrugs and says OK?!

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have had botox. FIRST VERY IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER. Every doctor i have had that did it. ....did it differently....some better than others....and twice i had to go back and get a touch up in a couple of weeks bec they did not put enough in being too skimpy on it which is normal. if you know anyone....ask around and get a good plastic surgeon to do it. savannah ga dr greico is the best best best......it lasted longer and was better from him than 2 other plastic surgeons.....the other two were just soso and it was a slight improvement versa with the greico it was youth again....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have used faitox and alpha derma ce under eyes and forehead and it takes about 60 days but they slowly start fading almost gone away....especially when not smiling.
prototype 37-c is a new peptide formula with 99 percent peptides which is the best of the best...have not tried it yet but with botox being expensive...may elect to do that.
also if you do botoxx....most drs dont specify this but greico did and it made a big difference...dont take any vitamins that are blood thinners 2 weeks before you get botox and you wont bruise any otherwise you will......

·
Registered
19 Posts
the good thing about botox is....those deep set lines fade away and dont come back as pronounced which makes your cream work better if you want to go longer in between botox visit....just one a year....that was the biggest pay out for botox...but the dr's that skimp of it....does work that way

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would definitely go for Botox if we weren't paying off bills to get completely out of debt. Same for Restylane. LOVE that stuff!!!!
i am 48 too. you look fantastic...are you from south ga or somewhere else.
who did you use and what exactly did they do.....they did the right thing and you look wonderful. I have had botox but not the injectibles and dont know anyone that admit they have to ask.....

·
Administrator
34,001 Posts
Interesting....Viper Venom huh. I just got my Botox after waiting for a while. I gotta say I really like the results of Botox. I had them do near the corners of my mouth this time because the corners are starting to droop into a frown when I'm relaxed. So far I'm not drooling! It is subtle and I can tell the difference. Not sure about the rest of the world. My Hubby just shrugs and says OK?!
The husband that shrugs is the best kind to have-
mine does the samething!! I love Botox too. I have never had it by my mouth before.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts