Skin Care Talk banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am in my late 40s and I have had botox for about 8 years now on my forehead and now on my crow lines. Those seemed to have developed very quickly after my first injection of botox on the forehead. Maybe overcompensation ? But still I am so happy to be able to afford it. It really makes a difference ! Botox with me works almost instantly but then disappears as fast also. Within 2 days lol !
Treatment sometimes last almost 6 months and other times 4 ! No idea why.
But would not live without it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my first botox injections last week and I could not be happier. I had a strong "1" (aka known as the 'pissed mom' line) and very pronounced horizontal lines in my forehead. I knew I wanted to deal with this when I saw some pictures of myself on my kids birthdays where I was talking to them helping them open presents (they're small) and I look so angry but I'm obviously not. And I knew I had to do it now when I noticed that my kids were checking my face when I grumped at them - like they were seeing if I was angry. I have a VERY expressive face - always have. I went to a plastic surgeon and she did a wonderful job. I can still move my forehead but I don't have a topographical map up there and I can move my eyebrows but don't have that eternally pissed look anymore. Also, a little bonus is that I got a tiny brow lift out of the deal. She took the 'less is not always better' approach and did a third of what a derm wanted to do to me. I would definately recommend botox to others if they have a good person. And, you could never tell I'd had an injection - no marks or bruising. I will definately keep this up but hopefully with the addition of the serums I've found on here I will be able to stretch the time between.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Interesting....Viper Venom huh. I just got my Botox after waiting for a while. I gotta say I really like the results of Botox. I had them do near the corners of my mouth this time because the corners are starting to droop into a frown when I'm relaxed. So far I'm not drooling! It is subtle and I can tell the difference. Not sure about the rest of the world. My Hubby just shrugs and says OK?!
That's where I'd like to have it.
When we get our bills paid off and out of debt, I'm getting botox *which I've never had* and more Restylane! LOOOOOOOOOOVE that stuff! It lasts such a long time for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Botox works great, I am a big fan. Getting a physician with experience injecting it is essential. I am long overdue for some, not top priority in my budget right now. I've had it for my crows feet and the usual forehead lines. It's on my to do list when I have the $$ for it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know about you, but I really hate having things injected into my skin! I cringe at the sight of syringes!

If you'd like an alternative to Botox which is inexpensive and totally highly effective (in fact, it's been said to be the safest, most effective alternative to Botox!), check out Elite Eye Serum - this is the address, but I can't seem to post a link here: eyecreamreviewer.com/eliteserumeyecream

·
Registered
2,266 Posts

I too am scared of needles in the face, but this weekend I had some problems- We were on a trip, I got some sun through the car glass. that night I yawned hugely- my face was dry around my mouth, and the corners of my lips split- downward! I never had the "marionnette" lines before but I have them now. I am worried that this face splitting has given me permanent lines there. I am keeping it moisturized with a sunscreen and vitamin e stick, as well as putting some neosporin on it. my smile looks like it has turned upside down- like a sad clown. Arggh.
Will face exercise help? duct tape? I am desperate!!! I don't have bad lines or wrinkles anywhere else. Besides not yawning wide, what can I do? Back off RA or keep it up? I really don't want to start on any fillers. Please help!

·
Administrator
34,015 Posts

I too am scared of needles in the face, but this weekend I had some problems- We were on a trip, I got some sun through the car glass. that night I yawned hugely- my face was dry around my mouth, and the corners of my lips split- downward! I never had the "marionnette" lines before but I have them now. I am worried that this face splitting has given me permanent lines there. I am keeping it moisturized with a sunscreen and vitamin e stick, as well as putting some neosporin on it. my smile looks like it has turned upside down- like a sad clown. Arggh.
Will face exercise help? duct tape? I am desperate!!! I don't have bad lines or wrinkles anywhere else. Besides not yawning wide, what can I do? Back off RA or keep it up? I really don't want to start on any fillers. Please help!

Alexa!!! Lol, you are making me laugh!!
No, you don't need to worry, but yes, keep it moisturized.

You mean the sides of your mouth cracked?? Not your face, right?? Like when you open your mouth wide?? Right there on the sides?? I would use Aquaphor to help it heal quick or neosporin.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Thanks for calming me down mama gymmie... Yes it was on my face right beyond my lips! about an inch on each side pointing down! It left a noticeable line!
My DH said, "quit yawning so wide!" ( I am like a dog, I guess...)
I have aquaphor and neo so I will add that. Should I skip hte RA for a while or keep on with it around those clown lines, too> They aren't bleeding or anything --Just there!
I read fawnie's post and was considering getting a snake-- or the venom/synake peptides! My normal expression is an upturned smile-- I thought I had been worrying too much and my face had gotten stuck that way!

It sounds like you are saying that this will heal... It is keeping me awake worrying. This is much too late for me to be up.
Thanks again !

·
Administrator
34,015 Posts
Thanks for calming me down mama gymmie... Yes it was on my face right beyond my lips! about an inch on each side pointing down! It left a noticeable line!
My DH said, "quit yawning so wide!" ( I am like a dog, I guess...)
I have aquaphor and neo so I will add that. Should I skip hte RA for a while or keep on with it around those clown lines, too> They aren't bleeding or anything --Just there!
I read fawnie's post and was considering getting a snake-- or the venom/synake peptides! My normal expression is an upturned smile-- I thought I had been worrying too much and my face had gotten stuck that way!

It sounds like you are saying that this will heal... It is keeping me awake worrying. This is much too late for me to be up.
Thanks again !

Awwhh, don't worry really. It isn't worth it. You are not like a dog, lol you are human just like the rest of us!!
And remember, worrying will only give you wrinkles!! So stop with that-

Yes, stop with the RA until you get it to heal. It will heal quickly I promise. Just keep it moisturized and the rest is history-

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my first botox injections last week and I could not be happier. I had a strong "1" (aka known as the 'pissed mom' line) and very pronounced horizontal lines in my forehead. I knew I wanted to deal with this when I saw some pictures of myself on my kids birthdays where I was talking to them helping them open presents (they're small) and I look so angry but I'm obviously not. And I knew I had to do it now when I noticed that my kids were checking my face when I grumped at them - like they were seeing if I was angry. I have a VERY expressive face - always have. I went to a plastic surgeon and she did a wonderful job. I can still move my forehead but I don't have a topographical map up there and I can move my eyebrows but don't have that eternally pissed look anymore. Also, a little bonus is that I got a tiny brow lift out of the deal. She took the 'less is not always better' approach and did a third of what a derm wanted to do to me. I would definately recommend botox to others if they have a good person. And, you could never tell I'd had an injection - no marks or bruising. I will definately keep this up but hopefully with the addition of the serums I've found on here I will be able to stretch the time between.
Is there a difference between Botox for men and Botox for women?

61 - 75 of 75 Posts