• 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 can Italian diced tomatoes
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley

Directions
  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
  2. Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage and pepper flakes until sausage is evenly brown. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes, cream, and salt. Simmer until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
  3. Stir cooked pasta into sauce, and heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.

Side Note: You can switch out the sweet Italian sausage for turkey Italian sausage if you like. You don't have to use bow ties noodles. Use whatever type of noodles you like. I like to use different kind of noodles. Because I like to switch it up sometime.

·
Administrator
33,723 Posts
HIppieNerd.............. I just happen to have Turkey sausage in the fridge, and of course ALWAYS have pasta in the pantry. SO.............what if I substituted the heavy cream with plain greek yogurt?? Think that would work?? I have a friend who uses greek yogurt in everything instead of using cream, mayo etc. I am not a fan of mayo so therefore I never use it or find the need too. But for something like this where it requires cream.........think I could get away with using greek yogurt??

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a friend who uses greek yogurt in everything instead of using cream, mayo etc. I am not a fan of mayo so therefore I never use it or find the need too. But for something like this where it requires cream.........think I could get away with using greek yogurt??
Yes, hun you can substitute heavy cream with plain greek yogurt.

·
Administrator
33,723 Posts
how did it turned out gymrat? also want to skip the cream to keep the calories down:)
Turned out great!! The only changes were heavy cream, used plain greek yogurt, red pepper flakes, I used cayenne pepper sausage, I used turkey sausage Great recipe, thanks again HippieNerd!! :kisskiss:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts