Skin Care Talk banner

Boy, am I new?!

799 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  kamakaze 
#1 ·
I came across this forum when I was trying to find out which commercial Gabrielle Union was in for a skincare product. Although the reviews for it was bad, I am glad I came across this forum. My husband and I have been tlaking about starting a skincare regimen but did not know where to start. There are so many products and they are so expensive we don't want to do a lot of trial and error.

So I am looking for some advice on a good skin care regimen.

I am african american and I would say I have combination skin. I am 29yo. Right now I use proactiv but want to switch to something with less steps. I use a mosturizer made by olay although I can't remember the name right now. It has an SPF of 15. I only cleanse my face at night and mosturize every now and then. I am looking for a regimen that has an anti-wrinkle affect, although I think that a regimen that includes mostuirizer and a product with SPF would do the trick. I am also looking to even my tone as I have dark spots (a few) on my face.

I am looking for one for my husband also. He is caucasian and is 28yo. I am not sure what skin type he has but I know he uses noxzema cleanser once a day...no mosturizer.

Any advice (especially if it includes brands) would be helpful....thanks so much!!

See less See more
#4 ·
I agree! There is a wealth of info and I have been searching through the topics. Unlike buying a new camera...I have specific skins needs. I found all types of stuff on here but sometimes the person is in there 40s or maybe caucasian. I don't have the knowledge base to know whether a certain product would be ok for me but not for someone else. I just need a basic starting point. Someone recommended a skin care line for my husband and I will buy that one....its Zehr.

I will be sure to re-post this on the basic skincare forum though if I don't get any replies

thanks so much!

#7 ·
I have been using Skin Doctor for about four months and I am very happy with the results ...
I recommend it! Successful treatment for skin & very easy to use. Price a bit high! But as I mentioned the results are excellent!

Here is some info about the product- Enjoy!
Skin Doctors Renewing Night Cream
A powerful skin replenisher with super exfoliation to reveal fresh, new skin. Renewing Night Cream is part of the high-performance Potent-C+ Skin Renewal System. It combines breakthrough ingredients to improve the appearance of wrinkles with natural antioxidant herbs and nutrients to help fight the visible signs of skin aging.
Exfoliate and renew your skin as you sleep. This power packed night cream contains a bevy of natural ingredients to nurture, exfoliate and moisturize the skin. Made in Australia.

Good luck to you!

#8 ·
Hi Pheonix, a lot of the people on this site the anti aging threads swear by Retin A- it is great for shedding the old dead cells and helps with wrinkles. They also make their own Vitamine C serum that is phenominal - and they make it for pennies. You might want to read some of those threads to see if this approach would be for you and your husband. Hope this helps you out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.