Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rest of my face is clear but why all the sudden am I breaking out along my chin/jaw line...a couple of them are kinda big...way bigger than I ever get on my face. I've had some facials over the last couple of months and like I said, my face looks great. What would be causing this? and what can I put on it?

Jennifer

·
Administrator
33,874 Posts
YEP!! They say anything from the cheeks down is definately hormonal.

Have you changed anything? Face soap, lotions, etc? If not, I would say definately it is a hormonal break out. Our hormones control more than you know when it comes to how we feel and how our skin looks.

What I would recommend is trying a salicylic acid face wash. Neutrogena, Biore, Clearacil, there are a lot out there. Look for 2% or more salicylic acid on the label. Clearacil has a new product called Clearacil Ultra that I have heard good things about. They also have an adult acne cream.

Best of luck-

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would a facial help? I thought about going and getting one tonight? I have 2 pimples under the skin on my chin now...I hate those.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Maybe, wouldn't hurt to try.
Have you tried something like the BabyQ Blue? It's an LED handheld device that eradicates the bacteria that are in the pimples. A couple ppl here swear by it.

PhotoSkinCare The Age of Light Therapy

BHA (salicylic acid) helps get them before they break thru the skin. There are lots of BHA products out there, Neutrogena for instance. Aspirin masks are BHA too.

I like La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I. It relieves the inflammation, pain and redness and shrinks the pimple down considerably. Most of the time it doesn't even break to the surface when I get it early. The entire Effaclar line is great since it doesn't overly dry the skin and cause rebound oiliness.

La Roche Posay Effaclar AI

Skin | care | talk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts