Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Funny you should ask that now. I was reading about Retin A & pregnant women (unsafe) & decided to check re HQ. I read on a product monograph for HQ 4% that it is contraindicated for breast feeding women. The same for Mono. Just tp be on the safe side, I'd wait until I was finished breast feeding before beginning any skin bleaching regimen at all.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Funny you should ask that now. I was reading about Retin A & pregnant women (unsafe) & decided to check re HQ. I read on a product monograph for HQ 4% that it is contraindicated for breast feeding women. The same for Mono. Just tp be on the safe side, I'd wait until I was finished breast feeding before beginning any skin bleaching regimen at all.
That's right Ondine. It is great to get these products without a prescription, but that means that one is taking the risk that would normally be taken by a physician. It is scary to think that an innocent woman would use these products only to find out later that they are dangerous to her unborn and nursing children. Such information is not provided to the buyer before they hit the "buy" button on a website; it requires folks to do their own research and to take this responsibility seriously.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Please tell me this is .......not........ a serious question?.!

GoddessOfEarth

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Better that she's asking beforehand than making dangerous assumptions. Mireckca, as usual, that is sound advice. These products do engender risks that people must be made aware of & must take seriously.

·
Registered
670 Posts
This is why it's good to read labels. EXTERNAL USE ONLY. This is something that needs no answer. If I wouldn't put it in my own mouth I, DEFINATELY, wouldn't put it in my babies'. Some people are different from others.... That Tyra Banks episode where people were bleaching there kids was psychotically scary.

^^Don't know why I mentioned that episode. Something, just, reminded me of that.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I saw that episode on Tyra too. Her show, though, tends to go for the sensational. People who bleach their kids bother me too. In many Caribbean countries it is common practice because people believe that having lighter skin will greatly improve their lot in life. In places where the contrast between rich & poor is very sharp & there is a small middle class, this is more likely (like in India) to happen. People want their children to have advantages too & lighter skin can seem like a passport to a better life.

Tyra can afford to be judgmental about skin lightening. She is very fair (she was much darker before: I remember her as a teen actress on fresh Prince of Belair. She has light skin, green eyes & long blonde extensions. Had she had the same face & features BUT decidedly dark skin & eyes, she wouldn't be where she is & her modelling carreer wouldn't've been what it was.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts