Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new here...hello ladies (and gents)!

broken capillaries at base of my nose and one on my cheek.

so i read about horse chestnut extract as beneficial, does anyone know a recipe? i am maxed out on pricey skin care products, besides, the only stuff i found in at vitamin shoppe has parabens, which i am avoiding.

the only recipe i have tried my hand at is green tea toner w/aloe vera leaf extract, pretty idiot-proof. i have loved the results and am looking forward to more self-made concoctions!

thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks again, fawnie!

looking for something topical though....

doesn't have to be horse chestnut extract. anything that works!

arcona has a product called youth serum that is supposed to target broken capillaries among other things. but, pricey for me right now. anyone tried it?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I dont think that broken capillaries can be fixed, at least from the outside with a topical cream. I have a few that have been on my face forever. Lasers can remove them but I'm not willing to get zapped for something so minor or easily concealed. When I point it out to someone, they say its barely noticable. We're all so harsh on ourselves!

Mario Badescu Keratoplast (Isodecyl Salicilate- look it up!) products help the redness and blotchiness frm a more severe couperose condition or extreme redness and sensitivity. I use the Keratoplast soap once in a while when I toast my skin with too much retin -a. It soothes everything down and leaves it looking soft and takes the flakes away. Their Kera cream is much too heavy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts