Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!!!

I have officially started my skin lightening process. It’s nothing special or intense, but as many on here have said, slow and steady wins the race, and I needed a simple routine as well.

I have been physically exfoliating my body (too scared to try chemical exfoliants) with a body scrub, my exfoliating glove, kojic-gluta soap, and Amlactin lotion.

The lightener I am currently using is IKB gel. This contains arbutin, which seems to be the safest along with kojic acid compared to HQ or steroids.

Because my days are so mixed up and busy, I do not use my regime twice a day, only once a day.

I shower with my kojic-gluta soap and my body scrub and exfoliating glove, then I combine equal amounts of ikb gel and amlactin lotion for my body, and ikb gel only for my face and lips. It is only day 4 of me doing this, so not really much of a difference is seen yet. But, my skin definitely feels softer and smoother and my face seems to be looking more even in color and clearing up as well.

I am going to give my face at least 2 weeks to see a difference, and my body a month. Not a serious difference I am looking for, but one where I can tell that my routine is actually working or not. If not, I will switch it out and try to find something else to use.

I am going to add pictures of my starting shade and goal shade. I will post my actual before & afters once I reach my goal shade! Hopefully this all works out!!! I will be updating on here as frequently as I can.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Current shade:

Goal shade:

I am the exact shade as jasmine tookes (my current shade), and am hoping to get a more caramel tone (example: yara shahidi). I am naturally a yellow undertone. I feel like this goal is realistic because it's not TOO dramatic compared to becoming super light (example: zendaya). I am trying to go for something I know I can at least accomplish. If I am able to reach my goal shade, then I might continue to go lighter! It all depends on if my routine ends up working for me or not.

Let me know if you have any opinions or inputs on what I should do, change, add, or remove as far as my regimen goes! And tell me all about your success as well and what has worked for you all and what has not worked.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
This was literally going to be my regime but instead I was planning on putting 3 Ikb gels into my Amlactin lotion.. but sadly I didn't get my hands on them ): What are you planning on using since the Ikb gels are discontinued?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was literally going to be my regime but instead I was planning on putting 3 Ikb gels into my Amlactin lotion.. but sadly I didn't get my hands on them ): What are you planning on using since the Ikb gels are discontinued?
I know that they’re still selling ikb gels on other sites that carry Mitchell brands items!!! I don’t recall the name of the sites, (something like houseofbeauty which is one of them I believe), just type in ikb gel on google and they will pop up!!! I originally wanted to put them in my lotion as well but I decided to just put the lotion and the gel in my hand at once because I thought it would work more efficiently that way. Once I finish my ikb though, I’m going to use precious gels and serums!!!! They’re on the Mitchell brands site as well. I hear they work just as good as IKB bc they are Arbutin based as well.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Your goal shade is slightly darker than if not the same as your current shade. Regular exfoliation is all you'd need.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your goal shade is slightly darker than if not the same as your current shade. Regular exfoliation is all you'd need.
Do you really think so? I’m brown like first girl and really wanna get to caramel but I wasn’t sure if exfoliation alone would get me there which is why I introduced lighteners into my routine but I’ll give your advice a try!

·
Banned
7 Posts

Here is a link to some occlusion socks for the feet. They're waterproof and you can wear Normal socks on top

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Here is a link to some occlusion socks for the feet. They're waterproof and you can wear Normal socks on top
ooooo these look so good thank you!!! ill have to buy. have you tried them out?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts