Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bumps that are kind of like scabs and some are (I think) ingrown hairs in between my eyebrows from plucking. What are they? How can I get rid of them?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try getting your eyebrows threaded, it may take a while but it will get rid of ingrown hairs and you will find the shape will be better.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ugh threading hurts!!!! What about waxing? Have you tried waxing? Its a little painful but much quicker. I think its normal to get little whiteheads and clogged areas after plucking and waxing. happens to me too. I pick at them and make matters much worse. Dab a little zit cream on the bumps to help dry and heal them. I dont know that they can be prevented.

·
Registered
74 Posts
As well, make sure the area is wiped with an antiseptic and that your tweezers are thoroughly cleaned before tweezing.

You could use a glycolic acid cream to help slough the skin in that area..which tends to get flakey somewhat because of the more active oil producing production.

h

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Ugh threading hurts!!!! What about waxing? Have you tried waxing? Its a little painful but much quicker. I think its normal to get little whiteheads and clogged areas after plucking and waxing. happens to me too. I pick at them and make matters much worse. Dab a little zit cream on the bumps to help dry and heal them. I dont know that they can be prevented.
Threading doesn't hurt!!! If I had to pick one over the other for pain, waxing hurts more. Actually, I don't think either really hurt, plus, as long as it gets the job done, I am fine with it-

Threading last longer than waxing in my opinion. It is all ones preference anyhoo.

Just do whatcha gotta do to get that peach fuzz off!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would still maintain that threading is better than waxing as not only does it get rid of ingrown hairs but the eyebrows can be shaped to maximise their potential. This cannot be done with the sme degree of finesse as threading. On the pain front I would say both are about the same and the old adage is no gain without pain!.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts